From the community for the community with the help of Plato’s notorious gold reserve
After all students have ended their exams and can finally surface again we all hail the Summer! Yes, it is this time of the year where we all enjoy going outside more. BBQ nights, having beers with friends and of course 2018 is also special because the football World Championship brings people together! This doesn’t mean your Plato Foundation team is going to be dormant.
On the Agenda this week:
* Clarifying aviation grants requirements
* Decisions and motivations on proposals
Clarifying aviation grants requirements
In previous article we explained how we will consider military programs presented before the board and what we think is the fairest way to deal with them for all the community.
Military and mainly Aviation programs are a good way to rally up activity within your MU/Country but what we like to encourage is that there is also progress and increase in activity. Not only providing gold for the already active fighters but also incentives for those who are starting out and need that bit more attention or the returning players who can’t believe how much the game has changed and don’t know where to start from.
For the ongoing projects we would like to see a monthly media update on the running grants alongside the weekly update they provide for the board. Their main purpose is for the community to see how and what the program runners have accomplished over the course of the month.
Decisions and motivations on this week’s proposals
* Kris Tine put in a request for sponsorship for a World Championship event. [WC2018]Who will be the champion: This request has been rejected on the fact that it was only based on people putting in a comment on the original article. The use of the project in terms of activity and involvement is pretty limited.
* Emperor Gaozu presented a Military Unit program for his MU. The idea although saying it will improve activity it is mostly aimed at the stronger fighters in Croatia. The Plato Foundation thinks the community would be better suited with helping the weaker players than the strong ones who already have plenty resources of their own. The project in this current form is rejected for a grant.
* Free packs by Zdlemmy is rejected for the almost the same reason. The emphasis of this project, although it has organisation and potential is too focused on the Legends and pack buying than helping the the newer or returning players get back up to speed. I talked it through with Zdlemmy that for now the idea is rejected but with some work it is possible to be admitted again. So we’ll hopefully see an re-worked version soon.
* The UK has been busy this week. They have been running New Players Friday for some months already with private funds and now they are ready to apply for a grant. The project has made a real difference in terms of engaging and retaining new players and incorporating them into existing communities. We expect great things from this project and hope it is an inspiration for others. UK New Players Friday will be endorsed with a Grant (250 Gold x 4 weeks).
Aside from the proposed projects, the Board decided to take initiative and reach out to two ongoing projects that have not been submitted but which we consider deserving of some recognition and rewards. This is the first time the Plato Foundation endorses projects that have not been submitted. However, if you know of similar projects that deserve more wide recognition, please bring them into our attention.
Plato Foundation presenting:
* VampireA’s National Day media project is a long running project that hasn’t been brought up for sponsorship before the Plato Foundation by anyone from the community. The team feels he has done and is doing an outstanding job. It is a real contribution to the eWorld’s community in its totality. We award this project with a 500 Gold sponsorship.
* Talon Karrde and the Plato Foundation team have proposed the UK Wiki tutorial up for Sponsorship. Spite313 is the author of this brilliant tutorial that has proven its worth already and is a welcome addition for every new player starting in any Country. Spite 313 will be awarded a 500 Gold sponsorship for his hard work.
The Ongoing projects are:
* Macedonian Air academy is operational and reporting to Icurlybear. They will be granted 70 Gold and are asked to write a new report next week.
* Icarus project is ongoing. They have presented an update plus more detailed information for Gyantse to supervise and are now fully integrated in the standard military program. They receive 250 Gold on a weekly base.
* Swiss Avio project has a two new members so they will receive 60 Gold this week.
* Mentalist de Bucovina is in Germany another week. He has received 500 Gold last week to spend on German fighters.
If you think you have a heart for the community, you know the game mechanics and you can say that you will put Plato Foundation before the interest of your own Country please don’t hesitate to contact us for being a future member of the Plato Foundation board.
I know I copy/paste this message from previous articles but the offer still stands. Maybe we should shout it a few times so you guys really know that you can make a difference!
Let me remind you quickly how you go about applying for a grant or sponsorship. It is not difficult. The only two things you have to keep in mind is that we are on Discord for you to ask any questions you might have and we want to see a presentation of your idea in the media. If you would rather find the information on your own I leave you with the link to the first article that explains everything you need to know in detail.
The next two weeks will be very busy because the festival season has started in Belgium
I will try and give short forum updates or one of my colleagues will fill in for me.
Wishing you a warm and fun Summer vacation guys!