As many of you have probably heard, I’m running for a Second Term as Australia’s Prime Minister. This has occurred due to requests from the Party, requests from eAustralian Friends and also requests from some of the International Friends I have made during my term this month.
Its close now to the close of my current term and I wanted to take this opportunity to rehash what I had planned to do as my January Election Promises and tick off those that have been achieved, those that have not and why, and those that I didn’t get to and why.
I try to keep my election promises, but things come up where you can’t or need to change direction. It happens we all expect them if you have been in the CP role, but I’m at least honest enough to explain my actions or lack of to the people that elected me so here you are:
1. Constant Information flow to the Senate; - ACHIEVED
2. Where possible, constant weekly thread with information about what is going on as a special Cabinet Thread in the Forum to allow Senate to receive updated information on anything Cabinet related all in one place. – ACHIEVED Set up but generally done in public as well as being used there.
3. Information in the Department of Information Newspaper, sent out weekly where possible, outlining what has
occurred and to keep the people apprised of what is occurring. – ACHIEVED
4. The ability for any member of the Senate to ask direct questions of the Prime Minister in PM at any time with
a timely answer if it is available at the time. – ACHIEVED
1. Within the first week of election I will create a discussion thread on the forums for the people to discuss a full
move and application to CoT; - SEMI-ACHIEVED The senate voted on it to be sent to a referendum, however the Indonesian Issue froze it for the moment
2. At the end of that week, a referendum will occur on the forums, to ensure that only Australian Citizens are voting in it and not non-Australian Citizens, so if you do not have a Forum account, I recommend you sign up for one as soon as possible to ensure your voice and vote on this important issue is heard (even if you never use it again after that). - SEMI-ACHIEVED The senate voted on it to be sent to a referendum, however the Indonesian Issue froze it for the moment
3. Continue to work with Chile and find a trusting solution to any issues we may still have and should a Treaty be
approved prior to the CP election, I commit to ensure that all parts of the agreement are kept. –ACHIEVED The Treaty was resigned and Australia kept to the Treaty as it was, we did not break it once while Chile broke it 3 times, which we allowed it to slide due to relations between our nation
4. MPP stack will move to a more pro-CoT stack should the public agree in the referendum that is our way
forward. - SEMI-ACHIEVED The senate voted on it to be sent to a referendum, however the Indonesian Issue froze it for the moment
5. If agreed by the public in the referendum a full move to CoT membership will be made. – NOT ACHIEVED This was not achieved because of the Indonesian Issue stopping our MPP stack from growing
The Military and the ADF
There are several issues that will need to be looked at in regard to this, so I can commit to no serious promises on this,
but it will be one of the first things that will be looked at should I win election, and I will be looking at:
1. The structure of the ADF
2. The Nation’s MUs and their incorporation into Government funding
3. The supply of extremely limited resources to both New people that join the ADF
4. The supply of extremely limited cash resources to our MUs should they wish to become Government Funded.
5. The ability of the DoD to work with both fields, a fully Government supported ADF and partially funded MUs.
This review process and proposal will be reviewed and the best options worked out. If the decision is to leave it as it currently operates or be changed, the Act will be presented to the Senate when ready.
– ACHIEVED The review was a great success, which bought out several options for us to look at. The full writing up of the recommendations is still in the works, but we gained a lot of information from the review we didn’t have before. Unfortunately one of the main issues that came up was the major lack of funding we currently have to allow us to achieve some of the recommendations.
What is this?You are reading an article written by a citizen of eRepublik, an immersive multiplayer strategy game based on real life countries. Create your own character and help your country achieve its glory while establishing yourself as a war hero, renowned publisher or finance guru.