I would like to present you for public debate a personal vision regarding a more interactive military module.
First of all, what are the current issues we are facing in The New World? Well, for starter there are the ping-pong wars based on Real-Life issues that keep emerging especially in the Balkans: Romania – Hungary, Croatia – Serbia, Turkey – Bulgaria, Greece – Republic of Macedonia.
All the mentioned countries have deleted each other, goal achieved.
So what’s next? Gain maximum resources? Everybody tried, the current disposal of resources per regions showed there isn’t room for all; so because we’re bored again let’s attack the same old ‘natural enemies’.
Countries need a new motivation to race with each other; we, the soldiers, need a new national purpose to fight for, to struggle to achieve so we can rub in our enemy’s face!
Here comes my idea: the Golden Regions (future referred as G.R.).
1) Each month, on 1st [01:00 hour], Plato publishes an eRepublik Insider article in which he announces the 5 Golden Regions of the month.
2) After 30 days (on the next 1st [00:00 hour], a country that occupies 1 G.R. will receive in its treasury 100 Gold from Plato. 5 prizes of 100 G are awarded for the 5 G.R..
3) If country A is allied with country B and country B occupied a G.R. at the time stipulated at 2), then country A will receive in its treasury 1 Gold from Plato for each day* country A had set Campaign of the Day for a country B battle.
* - resulting maximum 30 gold, no matter how many G.R. allies occupies.
4) In order to attack a G.R. for the first time, the attacking country will pay from its National Treasury the sum of 10 gold. The 10 gold goes in the Special Treasury of the attacked G.R. If the G.R. was previously attacked by any other country, in order to attack it, a country will pay the sum of gold currently stacked in the Special Treasure of the attacked G.R. + 10 gold.
Ergo, with every new attack, the costs will be 10, 20, 30, 40, etc.
5) After 30 days (on the next 1st [00:00 hour], a country that occupies 1 G.R. will receive in its treasury the entire sum of gold stacked in the G.R. Special Treasury.
6) A G.R. can be attacked starting the 2nd day of the month, 00:00 hour. By safe-guarding the G.R. for a day, plans for attack and defense can be made without rushing and nobody will be able to shout that Romanians could get an advantage from Adminlandia (like knowing the regions earlier).
7) A Resistance War can not be started in a G.R..
8 ) For a fair distribution worldwide I propose dividing all the regions in 5 ballot boxes: Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Arabic Peninsula + Africa, Asia-Pacific, America. Each month, Plato randomly picks a region from each ballot box.
9) In order for as many countries could reach more easily G.R. new borders via seas and oceans must be created.
10) For each country, stats regarding the wining of G.R. will appear in a special tab on country profile page (like the old monuments).
A) Why I like the Golden Regions idea?
Because it offers a new goal for everybody who wants to race. I would go back and fight for Romania to win a contest like this. But if a country isn’t interested in this, it can continue to focus in any other battles it wishes.
Each month, there will be 5 areas of interests, one in each continent! Using new borders via seas and oceans, countries will be able to jump from a continent to another more easily and attack any G.R. after short campaigns.
Countries will race for fame and to just to show they can do it. Each month we’ll have a proof which alliance was better, faster, and stronger.
B ) Will Plato agree with this concept?
I don’t know yet. It concerns some sum of gold from him and important changes in the game. I want your opinions first and if I get enough positive feedback, I’ll prepare a refined version of this idea and I’ll do my best to persuade them face-to-face at eRepublik HQ.
C) Why 5 Golden Regions? Why that division in the 5 ballot boxes?
Well, I consider this number optimum, concerning the number of the top countries in eRepublik. 7 could be another option, adding one more G.R. for America and maybe one more in Asia-Pacific. I prefer an odd number considering the current bi-polar character of eRepublik; a side must be proclaimed a winner each month.
In addition, creating 5 G.R. in different continents could offer the possibility for new local alliances to emerge and even continental ones. We could face even 5 alliances fighting with each other for supremacy!
D) Additional ideas
1. A G.R. could grant full economic bonuses for the country that occupies it, for the time it occupies it.
2. For attacking a G.R. a country could pay 10.000 currency instead of 10 gold, but Plato should convert at the end the sum in gold at a rate of 1000 currency for 1 gold.
3. The eRepublik Insider article should have statistics and reports about the battles and campaigns fought during last month.
4. I should be replenished with 1000 gold for this idea if it’s going to get ‘real’
5. The point that need more refining is 3), regarding the allied countries.
If you want an example to imagine what military strategies could be made, take these 5 regions for example:
Western Europe – Catalonia (Spain)
Eastern Europe – Podolia (Ukraine)
Arabic Peninsula + Africa – Al Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
Asia- Pacific – Kinki (Japan)
America – Orinoquia (Columbia)
If it will be necessary, I’ll make a list of suggestions for new borders worldwide. Also Plato needs to fix the http://www.erepublik.com/en/country/donate/Adminlandia pages.
1. Maybe a bonus if the original owner keep it's G.R..
Thanks for reading and feel free to debate! If you read all this, please write some feedback and shout the article!
Tiered of the same wars?
Try conquer the Golden Regions!
Running again for Congress in USA,
Vive la Résistance!
What is this?You are reading an article written by a citizen of eRepublik, an immersive multiplayer strategy game based on real life countries. Create your own character and help your country achieve its glory while establishing yourself as a war hero, renowned publisher or finance guru.