Death and Taxes
Hello everyone. Not an article that I wanted to write at any stage, but I have to face the reality of the situation. As an Irish citizen for nearly a year, I have dedicated 90% of my time fighting battles for EDEN. The other 10% was spent fighting for small countries like Paraguay, Japan and The Philippines.
In all these battles I have always fought for what I felt was morally right, and that, by and large is what EDEN has been about. Yes, I rarely if ever, fought for Turkey, Romania or Argentina, but all alliances have baggage.
I had a lot of reasons to leave Ireland, and in fact my first destination was originally Australia, but India seems to have been inspired choice. I vowed that by coming here I would stay for 6 months as a 'tour of duty'. My purpose here has been always to give my best advise to the country (wrong at times as we know!), contribute to the community, and fight as best I can in her interest.
The last few weeks have been a roller-coaster of emotions as I have tried, and failed, to advise the people and the government that resolving the issues between Croatia and ourselves was in our best interests.
I am not going to go over the issues here, they are covered in previous articles I have written.
However, I have tried independently to contact some friends and colleagues on our opposing side and in the EDEN HQ to try and engender the first steps to a peace treaty. I'm afraid to say that these discussions have come to nothing. Accordingly, I have to make an honest assessment and that is this:
Is my loyalty to my new country or my old alliance?
Let me assure you that this was never a proper choice, certain people in EDEN and Croatia have made my mind up for me. Therefore, I find myself thinking about what is best for India.
I am now diametrically opposed to EDEN. I am now advising India to hold a vote or referendum in the next congress and fast-track our candidacy to join CoT. While I have always fought for India, I will now try and ensure that what little damage I do, hurts EDEN the most. I will run for congress - if we have one - to try and ensure these actions and measures are reinforced and completed.
For those of you who pour scorn on an individual leaving EDEN, I answer thus, the people who know me and understand my integrity realise that this is a moral issue. EDEN has lost all moral arguments, and the sooner it is killed off, the better for all of us.
My friends will remain my friends, that is one thing that can never change.
What is this?You are reading an article written by a citizen of eRepublik, an immersive multiplayer strategy game based on real life countries. Create your own character and help your country achieve its glory while establishing yourself as a war hero, renowned publisher or finance guru.