Welcome, again! It is few weeks, since unofficialeRepublik API (http://erpk-api.com/) is working. During this time I have introduced new features and fixed many bugs. Below you can check detailed changelog:
- added Regiments in Military Unit feed.
- added new Regiment feed which containts list of members with theirs: nick, location, rank details and status in Military Unit (Commander/Captain/Member).
- added two country feeds: Country Society, which informs you about essential parameters like population or amount peoples online. There is also very useful Country Economy feed. It returns such data, like taxes, resource bonuses, embargoes or even balance of country treasury. Now you can build your own company calculator and calculate how much do you earn.
- added Party feed. It gives name of party, amount of members, congressmans, president and orientation.
All resources are descripted in Documentation.
- fixed receiving party/newspaper in Citizen feed.
- added Top Damage in Citizen feed.
- added Mercenary medal in Citizen feed.
- fixed reversed sides of battle score.
- fixed response code when you have reached limit of requests.
- also fixed many more bugs in order to improve stability and reliability.
~~~Very important changes in rate limiting!~~~
I have significantly changed way of limiting amount of requests. There is no more limit 100 requests per hour! I noticed it is very ineffective method. Some people need more, some need less requests. This is why I have replaced static/fixed limiting with absolutely new system.
Now amount of requests are limited by IP. I set requests limit at 50 requests per 25 seconds cumulated within single IP! All free users use same IP address. Therefore all their requests are cumulated within above limit.
You say, you need more? That’s not a problem! Especially for demanding users I have introduced Standard, Deluxe and Ultimate accounts. What advantages have premium users?
exclusive, non-shared rate limiting. It means that free users cannot consume your limit. It’s only for you! How it’s possible? I allocate you separate IP address!
custom TTLs (new!). As you can see in documentation, there are default TTLs, that is times how long API cache particular resource. For example Citizen or Battle feed is cached every 15 minutes by default. Too long? If you have premium account you can set any TTL you want!
multiple IP adresses. It’s for the most demanding users. If you want, there is possibility assigning many IP addresses to single user. According to multiplying amount of IPs, your rate limiting is also multiplied!
Check it out!
At finish, I will tell you some statistics. Since opening the API, there is 894 users registered. It’s very high number and I’m quite satisfied. Unfortunately I was many times accused for phising/fraud. That’s totally untruth. I NEVER ask you for password or even e-mail! The only thing what is neccessary to start using API is your link to profile.
Thank you for reading! Thanks to Magic Heroes for publishing this article as I don’t play eRepublik no more. Although, I’m still quite active on IRC thanks to many interesing people.
Lipvig (contact with me at #erpk-api at Rizon or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
What is this?You are reading an article written by a citizen of eRepublik, an immersive multiplayer strategy game based on real life countries. Create your own character and help your country achieve its glory while establishing yourself as a war hero, renowned publisher or finance guru.