A new pack is here! The Blitzkrieg Pack is available for 2 days, and includes the following items:
- 25 Gold
- 10 Small Bombs
- 2 Big Bombs
- 15 Energy Bars of 200 Energy
- 5 +50% Damage Boosters (each with a duration of 2 hours)
- +2 000 Energy Center for 30 days
- 15 Damage Accelerators (5x faster, each with a duration of 10 minutes)
We’d like to make a few clarifications regarding the Monthly Gold Pack and the “double referral Gold bonus”:
1. Some players had problems purchasing the Monthly Gold Packs. Thanks for all the reports, we managed to solve the issues yesterday.
2. The Gold from the Monthly Gold Packs has to be collected manually every day. The Gold can be collected from your Companies page.
3. The 20% bonus for referral Gold will be activated once the invited player reaches level 30. Before that, the Gold bonus is 10% like always.
Thanks for your attention and have a nice weekend!
The eRepublik Team
War Surplus packs are back! They’re available only today, on Day 2,687!
Each War Surplus can be bought with Gold a maximum of two times. Please notice that the Energy Recovery from War Surplus 250 can only be received once.
Here’s the content of each:
Use them responsibly!
First of all, we’d like to apologize for all the issues we faced in the beginning of the Spring Rush missions. Several mistakes were made on our side and there’s no excuse for that. During the last days we’ve been working hard to fix those problems.
If you still run into issues, don’t hesitate to contact us by sending a ticket. Many of you have already done this, many thanks for that! We’re replying to each and every one of you as fast as we can.
As you know, yesterday we had Congress elections and during this morning all the election results are hidden. So if you’re trying to solve the first missions of Spring Rush, please know that the election results become visible again at 6:00 eRepublik time. Until then, you might find the answers you’re looking for from the Wiki’s country pages.
Thanks for your continued support and good luck with the missions!
The eRepublik Team
As you probably noticed, the announced Dictatorship changes were implemented. You can read full details about the changes in this Latest Updates post.
Unsuccessful Military Coups
If a Military Coup is not successful, 24 hours must pass before another attempt can be made in that country.
A few clarifications are needed regarding the national organizations and the rights of the Presidents and Dictators. Firstly, here’s what was mentioned on the previous post:
”Normally, Presidents own all the national organizations. The President can request the change of emails in the organizations by sending a ticket to Game Support. As the President is powerless when the Dictator is in office, this means that the Dictator will be in charge of the national organizations. When the Dictator takes charge, he/she can send Game Support a list of the organizations to he/she would like access to, and provide new emails to each of them.
Please note that the organizations won by Military Units in the Military Unit Tournament will continue to be property of the Military Units, and just like Presidents, Dictators can’t touch them either.”
Other important things to know:
1. During a Military Coup campaign, the President is still in charge of the national organizations. At that point, outcome of the fight is unclear and the President can technically do anything with the assets (money, items etc.) the organization has. The President can donate/sell/secure the money and other possessions in any way he/she wants and do whatever he/she wants with them.
2. If the Military Coup campaign ends in favour of the attackers and the Dictator takes charge, the ownership of all national organizations transfers to the Dictator. The Dictator can gain access to the national organizations by sending a ticket to Game Support with the list of organizations he/she would like access to. A new email has to be provided with each organization. We will then change the email and the Dictator can gain access by using the “forgot password” feature.
While the President might still be able to access the organizations for some time before the email has been changed, the President doesn’t have a right to do any actions in the organizations when the Dictator is in office. These actions include, but are not limited to, donating any assets from the organization, selling products or making exchanges in the Monetary Market. If such actions are done when the Dictator has been in charge, all actions will be reverted and the President might be penalized.
3. If a Dictator is in charge and there’s an ongoing Revolution, the Dictator should avoid making actions on the organizations. These actions include, but are not limited to, donating any assets from the organization, selling products or making exchanges in the Monetary Market. If the Revolution is successful, all actions will be reverted and the Dictator might be penalized.
Funding the Military Coups and Revolutions
If illegal Currency is used to fund a Military Coup or a Revolution, the eRepublik Team reserves a right to revert the Dictatorship and penalize the parties involved. Every Military Unit Commander initiating a Military Coup or a Revolution is always responsible for the action, and for the money in the Military Unit’s account. If someone donated a suspiciously large amount of Currency to your Military Unit, and you’re not sure whether it’s clean or not, please send us a ticket to avoid problems!
“Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty.”
- Plato, 380 BCE
Ever wanted to overthrow the president, government and Congress? To ignore the constitution and enslave the whole nation under your fist? To decide everything by yourself? Now it’s possible! By doing a Military Coup, you could become a Dictator and write a new chapter in the history of your eCountry.
In eRepublik, Dictators emerge from Military Units. Only a proven military leader has enough power and strength to single handedly rule an entire nation. Support is needed, though, and other Military Units have a difficult decision to make: whether to support democracy and have faith in the current leadership, or to trust the Dictator to know what’s best for the country.
All the features described below will be available at some point during Day 2,654.
Military Coup - preparation phase
The Commander of a Military Unit can attempt a Military Coup in the country where the Military Unit is located in. The following requirements have to be fulfilled in order to start the Military Coup:
1. 200,000 or more Currency on the Military Unit’s account (the starting cost)
2. The country has at least one region left
3. The current capital is not under attack
4. The country does not have a Dictator in office
5. There hasn’t been a successful Revolution in the last 10 days
If all conditions are met, 200,000 Currency is deducted from the Military Unit’s account and a “support period” starts. It lasts for 3 hours and allows other Military Units in that country to support the Military Coup. The decision of supporting lays on the Commanders. The action of supporting is free. If a Military Unit doesn’t support the Military Coup, it’ll automatically be set to fight for the current government and democracy.
Military Coup campaign
After the 3 hour support period, a Military Coup campaign is started in the capital of the country. There will be two sides:
- Attacking side: Supporters of the Military Coup (all members of the Military Units which supported the coup during the 3 hour support period)
- Defending side: Supporters of the current government and democracy (civilians with the citizenship of the country, and members of the Military Units which didn’t support the coup in the 3 hour support period)
To fight in the Military Coup campaign, players have to be located in the capital of the country and be a part of one of the sides mentioned above. Changes to location, citizenship or Military Unit of the players can be done during the Military Coup campaign. In other words, players are free to leave and join Military Units as they wish, or even change their citizenships, in order to fight on the side they want.
Military Coup campaigns work like normal campaigns: 94 points are required for a win. The only major difference is that, as mentioned above, not everyone can fight in the campaign.
Depending on the outcome, either the Dictator takes charge or nothing really changes. If the Military Coup fails, the President and Congress continue their duties normally. If, however, the Military Coup is successful, things can change significantly.
Life under dictatorship
Dictators have practically all the power in the country. They can single handedly pass any law. There are only 2 laws the Dictators cannot touch: a law for changing the new citizen message and a law for impeaching the President.
The Dictator can initiate any other laws and he/she will be the only one voting in them. 24 hours is still required for a law to pass. This 24 hour rule is kept in order to maintain a balance in the game and to avoid breaking game mechanics such as Mutual Protection Pact laws.
While the President and Congressmen don’t officially lose their positions, they are powerless as long as the Dictator is ruling the country. The Congressmen and the President cannot propose or vote any laws, or give out citizenships. The President also loses all the control in wars, campaigns etc. In short, their roles and positions are purely cosmetic.
New elections are held normally, but no Gold is awarded for the elected Congressmen or Presidents.
A Dictator can grant an extra 50% of the citizenship passes the country’s Congress is entitled to during the current term. The amount is guaranteed even if the Congressmen had previously spent some or all of them. The shareable citizenship passes reset after Congress elections.
For example, the Bulgarian Congress could be entitled to give out 50 citizenships. On 10th they have given out 40 already. A Dictator takes charge on 11th and he has access to 25 citizenship passes, which is 50% of the original number. If the Dictator is overthrown after spending 23 of the citizenship passes, the Congress can still give out 10. If a new Dictator would take charge during the same congress term, he could only grant 2 citizenships, as the previous Dictator spent 23 out of 25 reserved for Dictators.
Normally, Presidents own all the national organizations. The President can request the change of emails in the organizations by sending a ticket to Game Support. As the President is powerless when the Dictator is in office, this means that the Dictator will be in charge of the national organizations. When the Dictator takes charge, he/she can send Game Support a list of the organizations to he/she would like access to, and provide new emails to each of them.
Please notice that the organizations won by Military Units in the Military Unit Tournament will continue to be property of the Military Units, and just like Presidents, Dictators can’t touch them either.
Revolution - preparation phase
Revolutions are campaigns against the Dictator and his supporters, aiming to restore democracy in the country. They can be started by Commanders of Military Units. The Military Unit has to be located in the country where the Dictator is in charge. The following requirements have to be fulfilled in order to start a Revolution:
1. 200,000 or more Currency on the Military Unit’s account (the starting cost)
2. The country has at least one region left
3. The current capital is not under attack
4. A Dictator has been in charge for at least 3 consecutive days
5. There hasn’t been a Revolution in the last 3 days
Like with Military Coups, if all conditions above are met, 200,000 Currency is deducted from the Military Unit’s account and a “support period” starts. This time period lasts for 3 hours and allows other Military Units in that country to support the Revolution. The decision of supporting lays on the Commanders. The action of supporting is free. If a Military Unit doesn’t support the Revolution, it’ll automatically be set to fight for the Dictator, against the ones doing the Revolution.
Revolution - campaign phase
After the 3 hour support period, the Revolution is started in the capital of the country. There will be two sides:
- Attacking side: Supporters of the Revolution (civilians with the citizenship of the country, and all members of the Military Units which supported the Revolution during the 3 hour support period)
- Defending side: Supporters of the Dictator (members of the Military Units which didn’t support the Revolution in the 3 hour support period)
To fight in the Revolution, players have to be located in the capital of the country and to be a part of one of the sides mentioned above. Changes to location, citizenship or Military Unit of the players can be done during the Revolution, so players are free to leave and join Military Units as they wish, or even change their citizenships, in order to fight on the side they want.
Once the Revolution has started, it works like normal campaigns: 94 points are required for a win. The only major difference is that, as mentioned above, not everyone can fight in the campaign.
If the attacking side wins, the Revolution is successful and democracy is restored. This means that the Dictator is overthrown and the President and Congressmen restore their power. If the defending side wins, the Dictator remains in office. Another Revolution cannot be started in the next 3 days.
New Achievements and Decorations
The following Achievements and Decorations will be up for grabs:
1. True Dictator medal - 50 Gold - awarded to a Dictator lasting 30 consecutive days in office
2. Dictator Trainee medal - 5 Gold - awarded to a Dictator lasting 10 consecutive days in office
3. Liberator medal - 10 Gold - awarded to the initiator of a successful Revolution
4. The First Dictator Decoration - awarded to the first player who receives a True Dictator medal
5. Small Dictator Decoration - awarded to the first 10 players who receive a Dictator Trainee medal
6. Democracy Defender Decoration - awarded to the first 10 players who receive a Liberator medal
Important things to notice
- When a Dictator gains power in a country, his/her citizenship is automatically changed to match the country where he/she is in charge.
- During dictatorship, elections will be held normally. However, newly elected Presidents and Congressmen won’t have any power until the democracy is restored. When elected, they also won’t receive any Gold for their Congress or President medals.
- Fighting in Military Coup campaigns or Revolutions will give you 10% more Rank Points.
- Fighting in Military Coup campaigns or Revolutions won’t count towards True Patriot, Mercenary or Freedom Fighter medals.
- If a Dictator assigns another player as a Commander of the Military Unit, the Dictator status will be passed on as well.
- A Dictator can candidate and get elected in all types of elections.
- A Dictator cannot start a Revolution.
- If a President of country X does a successful Military Coup in country Y, he/she will become a Dictator and automatically loses the President’s seat in country X, as if he/she had been impeached.
- If a Congressman does a successful Military Coup in the same country he/she is a Congressman in, he/she will remain in the Congress.
- If a Congressman of country X does a successful Military Coup in a different country, he/she will lose the position in the Congress.
Feedback and potential changes
We plan to continue adding dictatorship related features over the following weeks. Tweaks to the existing ones can be made, and therefore your feedback is extremely important to us! If you’d like to share your thoughts and ideas, please visit the Forum. Thanks for your continued support!
Update Day 2,641 3:20 eRepublik time: Please notice that the Damage Accelerator Boosters can only be used in the New Battle Page.
Damage Accelerator is a new booster which can be purchased from the Special Items page. It allows you to temporarily hit faster, and therefore deal more damage on the battlefield in a shorter period of time. Once the booster is activated and the Fight button is pressed, everything is doubled: the amount of hits/kills done and the amount of Energy and weapons consumed. Nothing really changes, you’re just able to fight and deal damage faster. The Damage Accelerator Boosters can really turn the tide on Epic clashes, or help you chase a Battle Hero medal in the last minutes of the Battle.
- Cost: 1 Gold
- Duration: 3 minutes
- Damage Accelerator Boosters (called DAB from now on) can be stacked to extend the boosting time. You can also purchase as many as you want and store them.
- DABs can be bought from the Special Items page. After a purchase, you can find them on the battlefield under the same button with the Damage Boosters.
- Prestige Points are gained accordingly, so double hits also means double Prestige Points.
- DABs can be used together with Damage Boosters and Bazookas.
- DABs don’t affect Bombs, Rockets or Guerrilla Fights.
- DABs don’t have an expiration date and they can be bought for an unlimited time.
1. A player is hitting with low quality weapons and it normally takes him, for example, 5 hits (50 Energy) to defeat an enemy. He purchases and activates the Damage Accelerator Booster. With one click of the Fight button, he does 2 kills and consumes 100 Energy. The weapon consumption and damage are doubled, along with the amount of Prestige Points he earns.
2. A player is hitting with Q7 weapons and the enemies always take 2 or 3 hits to defeat. When the DAB is active, one click of the Fight button leads to 2+3 hits, 2 kills and 50 Energy consumed.
For questions, comments and feedback, please visit the Forum.
Resource Wars event is over! We saw countries with some great strategic plans which, in many cases, were also executed exquisitely. As of Day 2,639 0:00 eRepublik time, almost all resources have been distributed. The only undetermined regions are 7 regions of China, but as deer is the only resource left to pick, it will be automatically placed on those 7 regions. Having said that, there won’t be need for the Bidding Phase.
The new resources will be updated today, within minutes after the day change!
Congratulations to all participating countries and good luck for the future!
The rewards of the Weekly Challenge have been changed. Please notice that, as announced last year, we still don’t commit to publishing a new Latest Updates post every time we do changes in the rewards. If the rewards include Strength or Gold, a post will be made.
Without further ado, here is the list of the current rewards:
- 250 Prestige Points -> 1 000 Storage
- 500 Prestige Points -> +10 Energy recovery every 6 minutes until the last day of the Weekly Challenge
- 750 Prestige Points -> 5 Quality 5 Moving Tickets
- 1 000 Prestige Points -> +50% Damage Booster for 2 hours
- 1 250 Prestige Points -> 1 Energy Bar
- 1 500 Prestige Points -> 1 Small Bomb
- 1 750 Prestige Points -> 5 Quality 5 Moving Tickets
- 2 000 Prestige Points -> 1 Energy Bar
- 2 250 Prestige Points -> +50% Damage Booster for 2 hours
- 2 500 Prestige Points -> 5 Energy Bars
- 2 750 Prestige Points -> +50% Damage Booster for 2 hours
- 3 000 Prestige Points -> 5 Quality 5 Moving Tickets
- 3 500 Prestige Points -> 5 Energy Bars
- 4 000 Prestige Points -> +50% Damage Booster for 8 hours
- 4 500 Prestige Points -> 5 Energy Bars
- 5 000 Prestige Points -> +10 Energy recovery every 6 minutes until the last day of the Weekly Challenge
- 5 500 Prestige Points -> +50% Damage Booster for 24 hours
- 6 000 Prestige Points -> 5 Quality 5 Moving Tickets
- 6 500 Prestige Points -> 9 000 Storage
- 7 000 Prestige Points -> 10 Energy Bars
- 7 500 Prestige Points -> 10 Energy Bars
- 8 000 Prestige Points -> 10 Energy Bars
- 8 500 Prestige Points -> 10 Energy Bars
- 9 000 Prestige Points -> 10 Energy Bars
- 9 500 Prestige Points -> 10 Energy Bars
- 10 000 Prestige Points -> +10 Energy recovery every 6 minutes until the last day of the Weekly Challenge
- 10 500 Prestige Points -> 10 Energy Bars
- 11 000 Prestige Points -> 10 Energy Bars
- 11 500 Prestige Points -> 10 Energy Bars
- 12 000 Prestige Points -> 10 Energy Bars
- 12 500 Prestige Points -> 10 Energy Bars
- 13 000 Prestige Points -> 10 Energy Bars
- 13 500 Prestige Points -> 10 Energy Bars
- 14 000 Prestige Points -> 10 Energy Bars
- 14 500 Prestige Points -> 10 Energy Bars
- 15 000 Prestige Points -> +10 Energy recovery every 6 minutes until the last day of the Weekly Challenge
- 15 500 Prestige Points -> 15 Energy Bars
- 16 000 Prestige Points -> 15 Energy Bars
- 16 500 Prestige Points -> 15 Energy Bars
- 17 000 Prestige Points -> 15 Energy Bars
- 17 500 Prestige Points -> 15 Energy Bars
- 18 000 Prestige Points -> 15 Energy Bars
- 18 500 Prestige Points -> 15 Energy Bars
- 19 000 Prestige Points -> 15 Energy Bars
- 19 500 Prestige Points -> 15 Energy Bars
- 20 000 Prestige Points -> +10 Energy recovery every 6 minutes until the last day of the Weekly Challenge
- 21 000 Prestige Points -> 20 Energy Bars
- 22 000 Prestige Points -> 20 Energy Bars
- For every 1 000 more Prestige Points -> 20 Energy Bars
Mirror mirror on the wall,
Who is the most resourceful of them all?
As you might know, we asked your opinions about shuffling the resources on the Forum in December. As some of you noted, a random shuffle of the resources could end up so that some countries get a significant advantage over others purely out of good luck. We believe that good luck has to be earned!
In Resource Wars event countries will have a chance to win resources for their historical (core) regions. The resources of the New World will be re-distributed based on the country's military performance and diplomatic efforts during the event.
Each country will be able to select and prioritize resources they want for each of the country’s historical (core) regions. The responsibility of the selection will fall on the shoulders of the President.
Selection itself is not enough, as the country also has to win the resource. There is a limited amount of resources available (the list can be found at the bottom of this post), so careful planning and good strategic decisions are required if you are to succeed in the future.
Starting now, and during the Resource Wars event, countries will be able to choose the resources they’d like to have on their historical (core) regions (with the exception of the historical capital region). The President will arrange the resources in the order of importance, so the one they want the most comes first et cetera. The selection will be done by the President on a special page under the My Country menu. The page can be viewed by everyone. While the President is technically fully in charge of the selection, it’s obviously recommended to discuss and plan the selection carefully with the government, Congress and allies of the country.
All the historical capitals of all countries will have a food resource which cannot be changed. The resource for all historical capitals will be Fish, as it’s the most common resource of the New World.
All the historical (core) regions are listed on the selection page, and have a default selection based on the rarity of the resource. The President will be able to change the selection at any point during the event. Resources which were already won with Resource Tokens during the event cannot be changed afterwards.
When the country gets its first Resource Token (read more about how below), it will be assigned to the first region picked by the President. The first resource picked by the President on the list will be selected, assuming it’s still available. If the resource is no longer available (all of them were taken by other countries already), the second resource on the list will be picked and so on.
President’s view of the selection screen. On this example, 2 Resource Tokens were used by Portugal on Azores and Algarve. The next region on the list is Lisboa and the first priority as a resource is set to be Grain.
How can a country gain resources?
In short, there are 3 ways to gain resources:
1. Country wins a Resource Token from a campaign and it’s used for a region according to the list made by the President
2. Country receives a Resource Token as a donation from another country which already had new resources on all of their regions
3. Country spends Event Points to bid for a Resource Token in a Bidding Phase at the end of Resource Wars
The final way to get resources is after the event ends, during the Bidding Phase. When all the Resource Tokens and Event Points have been spent, the remaining resources will be distributed to the remaining regions. The country with the lowest amount of Country Power will get the first picks, and this will be continued until every region has a resource.
The amount of regions and resources is unchanged, so no region will be left without a resource.
Resource Tokens are used to obtain a resource to one of the historical (core) regions of the country. When a country gains a Resource Token, it’s automatically used on the first prioritized region in the list made by the President. If resources have already been assigned to all the regions of the country, the President has the possibility to donate a Resource Token to another country.
Resource Tokens are gained by winning a campaign in a direct fight between 2 countries. Defending a Resistance War won’t give either of the countries Resource Tokens, but liberating a region in a Resistance War does give one for the country which liberated a region. Airstrikes are counted as normal campaigns so the winner will get a Resource Token.
1. France liberates a region from Serbian occupation in a Resistance War. France gets 1 Resource Token.
2. France fails to liberate a region from Serbian occupation in a Resistance War. Neither side gets Resource Tokens.
3. Bulgaria attacks a Hungarian region and loses the campaign 80-96. Hungary gets a Resource Token, as they won the campaign.
Resource Tokens are used automatically the moment one is received. They are used according to the list prepared by the President. The only exception to this is when the country already has all resources for all regions. In this case, the Resource Tokens are kept and can later be donated to another country by the President. When a Resource Token is donated to another country, it will automatically be spent according to the priorities set by the President of the receiving country.
Event Points are received when a side loses a campaign in a direct battle between two countries, or successfully defends a Resistance War. 1 Campaign Point equals 1 Event Point. A campaign ends when one side reaches 94 Campaign Points.
Event Points can be spent at the end of the event (see schedule below) to bid for Resource Tokens in the Bidding Phase.
Event Points cannot be transferred to another country.
The Bidding Phase happens at the end of the main event, so more information will follow later. Here’s the basic idea explained:
At the end of the event, countries which didn’t get enough Resource Tokens to secure their selections for the historical (core) regions can spend Event Points to bid for resources on specific regions. If two countries bid the same amount of Event Points on their regions, the order will be determined by the Country Power. The country with less Country Power will have a priority.
The bidding is done for regions, not for a specific resource. For example, USA can bid 50 EP on Alaska, 25 EP on Texas and 25 EP on South Carolina. If a smaller country with less Country Power also bids 25 EP on some regions, they will receive a resource according to their list before USA.
Day 2,621 07:00 eRepublik time - The specifications of Resource Wars are published and countries can start preparing their lists.
Day 2,625 00:00 eRepublik time - Resource Wars event starts and campaigns started after this moment will award Resource Tokens and Event Points.
Day 2,638 23:59 eRepublik time - Resource Wars event stops. Campaigns ending after this moment won’t award Resource Tokens or Event Points.
Day 2,639 0:00 eRepublik time - The Bidding Phase starts and lasts for 2 days.
Day 2,640 23:59 eRepublik time - The Bidding Phase ends.
Day 2,640 - Remaining resources are assigned to remaining regions.
Day 2,642 - The latest possible day when the new resources are added.
Please notice that the schedule, especially towards the end, is subject to changes. Stay tuned for updates!
The list of resources
The amount of resources will remain the same. Here is the list of industries and the amount of resources available:
- Deer, 29
- Grain, 53
- Cattle, 67
- Fruits, 80
- Fish, 84 (please notice that 74 will go to historical capitals of countries, so only 10 can be won in Resource Wars)
- Rubber, 17
- Saltpeter, 25
- Oil, 30
- Aluminium, 39
- Iron, 53
- Granite, 7
- Limestone, 14
- Clay, 21
- Wood, 23
- Sand, 32
Questions & Answers
Q: All the core regions of my country are currently occupied. Does my President still get to choose the resources for these regions?
A: Yes! All the resources for the regions are picked by the original owner country’s President, no matter who currently has control over the regions.
Q: If a President doesn’t select any resources for any regions, what will happen?
A: In this case, the default selection will apply.
Q: My country has all the resources already, and it has some extra Resource Tokens. However, we’re feeling selfish and we don’t want to help anyone. Are we forced to donate them?
A: No, the country is not forced to donate Resource Tokens.
For questions, comments and feedback, please visit the Forum. We will keep the Q&A section updated according to your questions!