Death and Taxes
It's not often that I find myself behind the curve. But I am certainly behind it this evening. I'll excuse myself on the basis that most of my RL Indian friends have 270 minutes on me in real time, but that's a poor excuse.
I was looking forward to writing an article on a fantastic victory eIndia had today - along with a host of allies and friends - but this story has eloquently been told by Ash here and also by Graf here So there's no need to reinvent the wheel now is there?
Far more irritatingly for me, however. Arrlo has written an exceptionally eloquent and simplistically brilliant article here which examines the pointlessness of the current India vs. Croatia situation, so there's no point in even attempting to rehash that. So what the hell am I going to write about?
First of all I want to introduce you to another analysis site available called eRepublik Battle-Watcher. You can find it here. Basically, this site allows you to examine individual battles and campaigns in more detail. So for example, our recent victory in Chhattisgarh looks like this, so we can easily see the top 5 on both sides in all 4 divisions, as well as a graph of how and where the battles was won or lost.
By using this website we are in a position of informing you all that in this campaign alone, Croatia, with a small amount of assistance from her allies did in Division 4 alone:
That's just the top 5. So when we add in all the ancillary damage plus the other divisions, we can be pretty sure that this campaign alone cost Croatia 50% of her daily influence at least.
Not just for Croatia, but more importantly, for EDEN
On our side, we're spending quite a lot of money and resources on winning targeted battlefields. In fact, I can say - especially as it has nothing to do with me - we're fighting pretty smart.
After today's two targeted victories, I would like to think that our Croatian adversaries now realise that this little war is now in an impasse. So then, what to do?
Well, before I make my suggestion we need to look at the following geographical and political situation:
1. India needs time and a clear head to make a coherent decision about what alliance she wants to join, if any. That's a very hard thing to do during a major war.
2. Croatia through her alliance in EDEN, would rather be using its considerable influence assisting her allies. Before people crib about this, I should point out that most of this damage is on behalf of small nations currently wiped or e-wiped. Something India would normally respect.
3. India is a huge eCountry with enormous resources and a pretty small population. It can well afford to have a companion country within her realm as long as both parties can live with each other. Obviously that's not the case now, but while Croatia are here time is required to come up with a dignified way of seeing them leave, or be replaced by more accommodating guests, or maybe just ourselves
4. Croatia benefits from being in India, it's better than being wiped. Unfortunately it's currently stuck in a mindless conflict and needs to time to come up with a solution. Negotiate with India? Leave India and start a proper RW campaign in their original homeland? How about an airstrike in Peru? But it's very difficult to decide coherently in the middle of this war
5. Lastly, both sides gain nothing from this conflict apart from draining resources. This war can go on for the next few months with no clear resolution. So what's the point?
So my humble suggestion is the following. Take this opportunity with India regaining the initiative to formulate a peace treaty. Don't complicate it by deciding upon RW's to get significant regions back, that can be agreed later. Stopping the fighting straight away unconditionally gives us both breathing room.
Then the legislators can move in and work out the legalities and choreography of it all. Both countries have hard decisions to make, and we can't make them in the current poisonous atmosphere.
Country Presidents, congressmen and ministers are elected or promoted to serve the people. I believe the people, the common soldiers, are growing weary of this war, because they know that these victories and defeats are temporary and will be repeated ad nauseum.
I call on the legislators of both countries to seek peace, even a temporary one.
Here's the recent logs from the latest TWO conference. You can read them here.
Here's the critical part of the logs:
MistrzuYoda[PL][MoFA] India is planning offensive against Croatia
MistrzuYoda[PL][MoFA] we are going to help them a bit
MistrzuYoda[PL][MoFA] so in case keeping away Croatians from Idnia
MistrzuYoda[PL][MoFA] we have problem in Europe with RW
MistrzuYoda[PL][MoFA] *croatian RW
MistrzuYoda[PL][MoFA] whats more
MistrzuYoda[PL][MoFA] in case 2 hard RW, or even 1
MistrzuYoda[PL][MoFA] Serbia is out of 10/10
Cookies[SG] Helping India is ok
Cookies[SG] but not all the time
DonLex[vSOFA] like i told u before
Cookies[SG] we can help them win some battles but not kick out Croatia
Kravenn[SoFA] ponctual help : not a daily one
DonLex[vSOFA] we dont want CRO on Balkan
Iain_Keers india aren't allies
Iain_Keers keeping croatia weak is good
Mininuns[SC] helping India (right now) it's a bit useless, when Serbia needs help
Kravenn[SoFA] Unlike CoT : it is on our interest to keep Croatia in Asia (2 or 3 resources are enough) and not have them back in Europa
Iain_Keers keeping them in asia is good too
MistrzuYoda[PL][MoFA] yep, but less resources
DonLex[vSOFA] sure, but, we are TWO, not COT
MistrzuYoda[PL][MoFA] than now
Cookies[SG] We can certainly help India win a battle or two, just to cut Croatias bonuses
Cookies[SG] but not helping them kick Croatia out
MistrzuYoda[PL][MoFA] but Croatia is still EDEN
Iain_Keers croatia in europe would mess us
ariyan[King] they had bboom
Iain_Keers we need them to believe they have a future in asia
ariyan[King] they will come back to europe sooner or later
Iain_Keers constantly trying to keep them down in europe = we lose serbia as an offensive force
Kravenn[SoFA] if Croatia is out of Asia, we know the story : pushing on a RW, once they have a region, they will NE serbia. And full serbian resource set could be lost
Mininuns[SC] the longer it takes to Croatia to be in Europe, the better
eIndia you must understand. The main alliances will use you as they see fit. For whatever suits their plans. A peace treaty allows us the time to make a considered judgement. Those who advocate a war are doing so NOT in the interests of India. Be independent. Be strong. Give yourself time to make a decision
What is this?You are reading an article written by a citizen of eRepublik, an immersive multiplayer strategy game based on real life countries. Create your own character and help your country achieve its glory while establishing yourself as a war hero, renowned publisher or finance guru.