Vyrin the First
Some observations. Sorry if they are uncomfortable. I doubt any are outright wrong. Some may be a matter of debate.
1) Courting allies is a FAIL strategy. Until we can prove we can stand on our own in at least one territory we will always be looked at as a farm for someone. Political science applies in this world as well. Think of real Africa. God help the people there because they are always just being taken advantage of by someone else.
2) We should be fighting resistance battles until we get eAustralia back. At the very least it demands energy from our conquerers.
3) We need a coordinated military. There is no point for this game to have military units. Especially in a small country. We should all be in one. Get over yourself and your past squabbles. Egos suck. Pull together into one unit and get a coordinated strategy with someone who can communicate orders. I got a hint on IRC that because the resistance fight wasn't government sanctioned, it was not encouraged and some stayed out of it. Really? Does this not make you a Chilean?
4) I have been desperately looking for information on a strategy. One example: in the fora all I found today were 2 new posts. A kitten picture competition (Binda I love you, you are awesome - sorry - I do think you are awesome) and a list of mind-numbing Inspector General procedures for some nonsense reason. Really, really?
5) Take off the blinders. There are other options and different ways to play this game. Case in point: Noob fighting strategy (separate posting) would work except people tell me it's wrong. I am not stupid I understand how the battles work from the tutorials. Dogmatists can't see that there are options here. A coordinated strat could have us racking up points at all parts of the battle not just after the one hour mark.
6) Every day players join eAustralia. Every day they leave because there seems to be no point in playing. Only a new and more active group will get us where we want to go.
You may think I have aspirations. You are wrong. I don’t want to play the politics here.
All I want to do is play a game. I am happy to follow a winning strategy.
If there is no strategy that has any hope of succeeding, this is just a kinda strange way for people to hang out online. And that's not what I'm looking for here.
Can’t there be a meaningful conversation that happens somewhere about these things? IRC requires that you just by chance are on at the right time or are invited to the right channels. People are going to invite me to join conversations even less now.
Love to all you wierdos. I may be one of you.
What is this?You are reading an article written by a citizen of eRepublik, an immersive multiplayer strategy game based on real life countries. Create your own character and help your country achieve its glory while establishing yourself as a war hero, renowned publisher or finance guru.