In this issue:
1. Seibu Railway Running “Anohana” Train
2. Voice Actress Ayana Taketatsu to Record Wakeup Calls
3. "Strike Witches" Creator Designs Military Recruitment Character
4. "V-ANIME ROCKS Evolution" Collects More Visual Rock Anime Covers
5. "Girls und Panzer" To Help Launch "World of Tanks" in Japan
Seibu Railway Running “Anohana” Train
To promote the upcoming August 31st release of the new “Anohana” movie, transportation company Seibu Railway is currently operating a train decorated with characters from the anime.
During the promotional period, images and artwork from “Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day”, a dramatic coming-of-age story about a group of six young friends, can be seen in Chichibu, Saitama Prefecture, the setting of the anime series and one of Seibu Railway’s locales. A train decorated both inside and out with “Anohana” artwork is running on the entire Seibu Line, and posters from the anime are placed in every station on the train line. In addition, the digital signs at Takadanobaba Station, a stop on the Seibu Shinjuku Line, are also displaying “Anohana” artwork.
The decorated “Anohana” train will run every day until at least September 30th.
Voice Actress Ayana Taketatsu to Record Wakeup Calls
Until July 26th, health and pharmaceutical company Lion will be running a promotional campaign to create the best wakeup calls in Japan. The calls will be recorded by popular voice actress Ayana Taketatsu, best known for playing “K-On!” character Azusa Nakano.
At the campaign’s official site, visitors can choose from a list of possible phrases to be used as wakeup calls. Following four rounds of open voting, the top three phrases from each round will be recorded by Ayana and added to a smartphone application. The app, a voice alarm released by Lion to promote their Guronsan energy drink, has already racked up 250,000 downloads. The newly recorded phrases are scheduled to be added at the beginning of September.
The fourth and final round of voting will run from July 19th to 26th.
"Strike Witches" Creator Designs Military Recruitment Character
Humikane Shimada, creator of Strike Witches and original character designer for Girls und Panzer isn't just a military otaku. He's helping out in his moe sort of way. The Japan Self-Defense Forces in his home Okayama Prefecture have started using one of his illustrations on recruitment posters.
"V-ANIME ROCKS Evolution" Collects More Visual Rock Anime Covers
Last year, Tokuma Japan Communications, corporate cousin to the publisher of Animage, released a collection of visual rock covers of anime themes. Now a second "V-ANIME ROCKS evolution" is set to October 2nd release.
01. Anbaransuna KISS o shite (Yu Yu Hakusho ) / AYABIE
02. Rinbu -revolution- (Revolutionary Girl Utena) / WING WORKS
03. Tamashii no refrain (Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death & Rebirth) / A（Ace）
04. Song undecided / Kaya
05. happily ever after (Gurren Lagann)/ GALEYD
06. THE MEANING OF TRUTH (F-Zero: GP Legend) / Juri(ex.DELUHI) feat.Leda
07. the WORLD (DEATH NOTE) / Souiumono
08. LOVE sarigenaku (Creamy Mami, the Magic Angel) / SEX-ANDROID
09. Ai wo torimodose!! (Fist of the North Star: Legend of the Century's End Savior) / DaizyStripper
10. Yuzurenai negai (Magic Knight Rayearth) / THE BEETHOVEN
11. BUTTER-FLY (Digimon Adventure) / FEST VAINQUEUR
12. Turn A Turn (∀Gundam)/ Megamasso
13. Hikari e（ONE PIECE）/ Royz
"Girls und Panzer" To Help Launch "World of Tanks" in Japan
Free-to-play mid 20th century mechanized warfare MMO World of Tanks is coming to Japan on September 5th. To support the launch of the Belarusian company Wargaming.net's game, the Japanese version is engaging in a currently unspecified collaboration with thematically appropriate anime Girls und Panzer.
Of course, this is ground that fans have already covered
What is this?You are reading an article written by a citizen of eRepublik, an immersive multiplayer strategy game based on real life countries. Create your own character and help your country achieve its glory while establishing yourself as a war hero, renowned publisher or finance guru.