Thought of the day: "Coming to terms with the fear of death is conducive to healing, positive personality transformation, and consciousness evolution."
This is perhaps one of the most difficult articles I have to write, and I am doing it, keeping in mind 4 things and they are Honor, Trust, Respect and Transparency! What I expect in return? your support!
Firstly, I would like to thank EDEN for their long months of support for us. Until recently, it was an awesome alliance, a true brotherhood to be proud to take part in.
A lot has happened over past few days. A part of which has been summarized in my mail to the EDEN HQ Thread
Which was followed by a long irc session with the Croatian CP
I would apologize for being a bit harsh, but to be honest when diplomacy fails, words just fall short for explanation.
Our hon'ble EDEN representative Ethel Rosenberg approached the SC of EDEN, as well, for an amicable solution that would be in a greater benefit of everyone. But instead what she got was
And No, we haven't been contacted by EDEN yet!
To Summarize it up
How Croatians have treated us?
1. Made deal with Thailand regarding two Indian regions "Kerala" and "Karnataka" in November, without informing India about it.
2. Refused help when we approached them for helping us release our regions from Thailand, in spite of some protection clause(if I am to believe the Ex-CP who made the rental deal, though it was later refuted by the Croatians).
3. Reduced the overall rents and didn't pay rent for one region citing that they would be returning it back to us. But at the time of return claimed they can't since some Rogue MU has been hitting hard.
4. Changed their decision and informed us that they would now rather be returning us back Tamil Nadu, moments before the RW started in that region. The original reason being Indonesian invasion. Won the RW for India without any difficulty unlike earlier.
5. Giving us a region that they were anyways deemed to lose. And sending us to battlefield without our consent to be their meat shield!
How has EDEN treated us?
1. Since past 1 year, every time we approached EDEN for help we were told that they are busy! except in one instance i.e. against thais
2. Every time we approached EDEN for help in settling down the chinese North east india deal, we were told to do it ourselves.
3. Last month we approached EDEN about the croatian move, again the same thing "we are busy". We had to fight thai on our own and liberate our region.
4. Yesterday we approached EDEN we were again told the same thing. But yesterday when Croatians approached EDEN for liberating Tamil Nadu, it was done without any issues in spite of our protest.
After long discussion with several Indians old and new, getting support from majority of the eIndians
I reached a conclusion that it's time for us to take a referendum on our future with EDEN.
Now for the question
What would we do after quitting EDEN?
We won't really be jumping into alliance bandwagon immediately, we would continue respecting and helping our brothers & allies who have stuck to us through our difficult times. As of our future is concerned we might be taking another referendum to decide it when we are assured and have faith that we won't be back stabbed or treated like slaves again. We have already been offered help from various Countries and Alliances. Our relationship with few non EDEN members is way deeper than EDEN. But the reason we don't want to jump into a bandwagon right now immediately is pretty much because of our commitment to this war that we want to fight with all our force and not just be termed as "yet another traitor". But our enthusiasm to continue further as a member was murdered, we had enough of betrayal. We are, after all, a non existing entity, so it doesn't really matter even if we were to quit the alliance.
"Show us respect, we will return it back 10 folds."
and to quote our diplomatic Alector
"Honour is among the last few things, India is left with."
About the Upcoming WAR - We Fight with/for EDEN
As I mentioned earlier, We will fight for Tamil Nadu and all other Indian regions(inc. the ones rented to Croatians) with all our might, forces and resources. We will fight for our honor, for justice, for truth, for liberty and for respect. We will do it with determination and fight for the very Alliance we have stuck to for past 2 years. We will march into those battlefield hand in hand with Croatians and EDEN. But we will do it all with dignity and an equal respect for Indonesians. After all the game is just pixels, what matters is the relationships that leave an imprint in our real existence.
Finally an answer to the opinion of one senior player who is opposed to the idea of referendum
"we will never be able to ask someone's respect, if we leave EDEN"
To be honest if standing for your right, for truth and for justice will have us lose our respect, then I don't consider that respect to be worthy enough!
(insert an image here for her kittyness ashphalt)
What is this?You are reading an article written by a citizen of eRepublik, an immersive multiplayer strategy game based on real life countries. Create your own character and help your country achieve its glory while establishing yourself as a war hero, renowned publisher or finance guru.