This is my first time writing a Candidature article so i am not really good at it.
Usually people like to write stuff about "the strong military and "how we are gonna make a lot of friends" etc etc but i am too old not to know better.
The fact is that the country is in a deep crisis!
The war with Taiwan is forcing us to face a wipe very soon and also to reduce our tax rates to 0. With little money and an enemy 3-times our size, many are inclined to find a surrender an acceptable choice.
Yet, what few understand is that the last update with the determination bonus has made war against us for Taiwan, from a possibility to a necessity, a constant necessity. With eRoC not being able to keep eSK down ad perpetuum, they are forced to declare war to us every 3 months or so, to open a different route to their bonuses. So, "duck and run" as we have done before is now not a solution. between signing a NAP and growing complacent or resistance and radical change, i choose the second one!
My name is Tara, have been elected congressman 10 time for 6 different parties.
I have served as Minister of Finance 4 times and in the past i have been ambassador and PP.
I don't agree with the idea that our current military is strong. If it is not strong to protect the country, than it is weak!
- Change the current system to a Joint chiefs of staff system.
Private MU complain that they don't get info and they are not involved in the decision making. With the new system they will have more information and more involvement and the government can be closer to their needs.
- Make a roadmap about the State MU commune systems.
2. Foreign Policy.
The foreign policy is the thing i am the most dissatisfied with. CoT has been dead for a month now but we still haven't decided with which of our former allies we are gonna have a continuous future relationship. We keep changing MPPs every month.
- Improve our relationship in the region, especially eSK and USA.
- Restart the relationship with some powerful ex-COT countries
- Seek a new start with some TWO countries that may be open to us.
And what's most important
- Propose a long term strategy where this country is gonna move in the future in term of diplomacy.
We are a small country with few new players and few chances. But what has been the worst part, it has been the instability of the state especially ingame. No continuous programs, no official newspapers. every month the wheel has to be invented anew and this has had devastating results for us.
- Translation Project - Boosting the translation project, finding more translators and rewards for good job. This is my priority numer 1 in my presidency. This project (getting a japanese version of the game) is our most important one and it has been neglected long enough. Right now only one person is working on it. With the support of the government we should be able to end it one day and have a chance at a baby boom. No matter how small, it is the only chance we are gonna get to do it.
- Giving the eJapanese state ingame a structure: Restarting the old org newspapers (voice of japan), Foreign ministry newspaer, bank newspaper etc. Using orgs to structure the budget.
- The introduction of a communication ministy and a Communication Protocol, so that the continuity of communication is ensured.
- Taxes will remain close to zero for as long we are occupied.
- Alternative financing through a "big society program", donations in exchange for giving the citizens more choice to what they can donate for.
- a new attempt at a budget law.
The game is gonna change soon and we need to be prepared for that.
The new version is already in alpha testing and last time Plato said it is gonna go in Beta within the year. We need to give educational articles to the players to better prepare them.
I want to propose some changes to our cultural activities as well cuz recently it has become a little bit dull.
I want to introduce a Themed Month where players can get articles and activities about a topic every month. And for this month i have planned December to be the Month for Touhou.
The cabinet i propose has few new entries. the reason for that is that i can not afford to have ministers to spend 1 month to learn their job.
Geezus (vCP) - A strong-willed and conservative guy, he can be trusted with keeping everything on the leash.
Squibeel (MoFA) - probably the most experienced person in diplomacy in this country and i'm sure he can find new paths for this country in terms of future foreign relationships.
Ahava3233 (MOF) - MoF is a tough job but ahava is a tough girl, i have trained her myself and i am sure she can manage the finances without much problem.
Kantaa (MoS) - always a good MoS
JetiShumadinac (MoD) - i was very pleased by his work this month and see no reason why he shouldn't continue
WilliamofEdenbury (MoE) - Though i don't agree with him on anything recently, he is a resourceful and hard working guy, the right one for the job.
Ahava (MoCummunication) - She does it anyway.
Kyoko (MoCH) - a Touhou MoCH for a Touhou Month.
A former CP of this country, Natsu Natsumee, asked me once just before leaving this country (tired and disappointed): "Why do you still stay here, Tara?"
he was fed up by this country, the constant bullshit and dramas and desperately needed a reason to stay.
I couldn't come up with a rational answer and he was a honest guy who would have sniffed a lie. After 1 year in this game, i couldn't give him a plain simple reason in favor of this country and it has been bothering me since.
The only answer which came to me was: "Because it is my country".
And somehow, it is the truth. eJapan is my country and god be damned if i don't try to change it for good before i give up.
Ten thousand years!
What is this?You are reading an article written by a citizen of eRepublik, an immersive multiplayer strategy game based on real life countries. Create your own character and help your country achieve its glory while establishing yourself as a war hero, renowned publisher or finance guru.