Dear readers and friends
I have terrible news, the Royal Quiz, a sanctuary of the insane, a garden of the good, the place of peace has been usurped this month.
The winner has completed his evil plans with regards to our quiz. But first, I shall announce the third and second places. The quiz was great fun with around 18 people attending, including first timers. Of course, we had the usual argument about the Quiz being rigged, but, they are, of course wrong!
In third place, we have the Mighty Worms made up of UKRPers inlcuding: Sir Rex Fleddington, Cottonpicken, LongShotzZ, Robalbino and Apronchef. With a respectable 35 points they sidled into the third slot relying on their Dr Who knowledge to support them.
The second place award goes to Guts and Glory! A team made up of New Eralites and UKPPers. Led by Sambo112 this included: BigAnt, Commander Dapper and NT Games. They came in with 37 points which is a solid score.
Finally, the winner of this months quiz is non other than the diabolical Talon Karrde whose thirst for power has reached into the heart of The Royal Quiz itself! With 46 points and excellent knowledge across the board, he comes in with victory!
Well done to all contestants and we shall run this again next month.
HM Woldy I
1) Name the first Emperor of France
2) Who was the last Emperor of India?
a. George VI
3) Richard I of England was known by what nickname?
a. The Lionheart
4) On which Crusade was Constantinople sacked?
a. The Fourth Crusade
5) Name the famous commander in the English Civil War who eventually became the Lord-Protector
a. Oliver Cromwell
6) What was the last battle fought on English soil?
a. Battle of Culloden
7) Name the key architect in the Unification of Germany
8 ) Which famous astronomer dropped a cannonball of the tower of Pisa?
9) The Battle of the Plate River featured the sinking of which German warship?
a. Graf Spee
10) Which country won the 1966 Fifa World Cup?
1) How many continents are there?
2) What stellar object affects our tides?
a. The Moon
3) Which crop relies on flooding of its fields to grow?
4) What is the correct terminology for a group of Lions?
a. A Pride
5) What is the main food source for the Orca?
6) Name the popular tourist destination in the UK where the main attraction is hills and puddles
a. The Lake District
7) What name refers to those trees that lose their leaves seasonally?
8 ) Name the deepest undersea trench in the world
a. Marinas Trench
9) What is the biggest rainforest in the world?
10) What is the Latin term for the ‘earth’?
1) Which celebrity recently made a faux pas at the Anne Frank museum?
a. Justin Bieber
2) Which member of the Royal Family is about to become a father?
3) Name the controversial figure who recently passed away
4) Who is Charlie Sheen’s half-brother?
a. emilio estevez
5) Name the movie series that Arnold Schwarzenegger is most famous for
6) Who is the voice of Rango, the 2011 animated comedy western movie?
a. Johnny Depp
7) Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie currently together?
8 ) Name the famous Black activist who converted to Islam
a. Malcolm X
9) Which country was the current Pope a Cardinal in?
10) Name the wife of President Obama
Dr Who TV Series
1) Name first actor who played the Doctor
a. William Hartnell
2) Who played Amelia Pond?
a. Karen Gillan
3) Which Dr Who companion gained all the knowledge of the Doctor?
4) Name the wife of the Doctor
a. River Song
5) What is the name of the Doctor's spaceship?
a. The Tardis
6) Which alien race is the main nemesis of the Doctor
a. The Daleks
7) How many Doctors have there been?
8 ) Who plays the current Doctor?
a. Matt Smith
9) What is the name of the military group that sometimes features in Dr Who episodes and what does it stand for? (2 points)
a. UNIT: UNified Intelligence Taskforce, or United Nations Intelligence Taskforce
1) How many member states are there in TWO?
2) Name the 5 nations which received the benefit of the Gold Mines
a. Serbia, Poland, Chile, Brazil and USA
3) Name the current Secretary-General of TWO
a. Talon Karrde
4) Name the three main belligerent alliances in World War V
a. Terra, Eden and ONE
5) Which alliance directly succeeded ONE?
6) Name the 2 longest serving eUK PMs? (2 points)
a. Mr Woldy and Jamesw
7) For how many months was the eUK wiped between 2011 and 2012?
8 ) Which controversial country has just joined CoT?
9) How many Military Units are there in the eUK Armed Forces Group?
What is this?You are reading an article written by a citizen of eRepublik, an immersive multiplayer strategy game based on real life countries. Create your own character and help your country achieve its glory while establishing yourself as a war hero, renowned publisher or finance guru.