New World Cup Final is, as the name suggests, a final for the winners of the New World Cup: Argentina, Chile, Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia and Turkey. However, the tournament will also include a Global competition for all countries, regardless of being in the final or not.
- The tournament will start on Day 2,422 and last until the end of Day 2,428
- Each citizen can fight to reach and even surpass damage targets, which are calculated based on their current military skills, and presented as percentages
- Each country has its own target milestones based on its military capability
- Citizens can see their progress, along with the progress of their citizenship country, on the homepage
- Citizens and countries are rewarded based on their performance
Please note that:
- Citizens will represent the country they are a citizen of on Day 2,421 23:59 eRepublik time. Any later citizenship changes will not count for the tournament.
- Damage done with regular weapons and in Guerrilla Fights will count normally
- However, damage done with Bazookas, Bombs or Rockets will NOT count for the tournament
The 9 finalists will take part in a separate competition that will have it’s own ranking. They can win special prizes as follows:
- First place: 150,000 Gold Mine
- Second place: 75,000 Gold Mine
- Third place: 50,000 Gold Mine
If a finalist manages to get to Top 5 in the Global competition, their Gold Mine prize will be doubled.
- Every country has a citizen ranking based on citizens’ performance in reaching their targets
- Citizens are divided into 2 groups: young citizens (level 1-34) and more experienced citizens (level 35+). Citizen levelling up to another group in the middle of the tournament won’t have any effect, as he will remain in the original group.
- Country rankings is based on countries’ performance in reaching their targets
- The rankings are updated every 20 minutes
- If a citizen is permanently banned during the tournament, the damage is removed from all rankings
- Player A has a target of 100 000 damage and does 500 000 damage; Percentage in the rankings: 500%
- Player B has a target of 500 000 damage and does 1 000 000 damage; Percentage in the rankings: 200%
- Player A will be above Player B in the rankings, despite the fact that Player B did more damage
- The example can also be applied to country rankings
- Top 3 citizens in every country (level 1-34)
- Top 50 citizens in every country (level 1-34)
- Top 3 citizens in every country (level 35+)
- Top 50 citizens in every country (level 35+)
Players will also be rewarded when reaching certain targets:
- 100% -> 25 Strength
- 110 % -> 10 Gold
- 125% -> 10 Energy Bars
- 150% -> +50% Damage Booster for 2 hours
- 200% -> 30 Energy Bars
- 300 % -> Rank Points (doubles the Rank Points gained in the Tournament so far)
- 500% -> +50% Damage Booster for 2 hours
- 750% -> 50 Energy Bars
- 1 000% -> 30 Gold
- 1 500% -> +100 Energy Center for 30 days
- 2 000% -> 60 Energy Bars
- 2 500% -> +50% Damage Booster for 2 hours
- 3 000% -> 70 Energy Bars
- 4 000% -> 80 Energy Bars
- 5 000% -> 60 Gold
- 6 000% -> 100 Energy Bars
- For every 1 000% more -> 100 Energy Bars
Countries will be rewarded when reaching and surpassing targets:
- 100% -> 200 Gold
- 110% -> 75 Gold
- 125% -> 100 Gold
- 150% -> 125 Gold
- 200% -> 150 Gold
- 300% -> 175 Gold
- 500% -> 200 Gold
- 750% -> 250 Gold
- 1 000% -> 500 Gold
- 1 500% -> 750 Gold
- 2 000% -> 1 000 Gold
- 2 500% -> 1 500 Gold
- 3 000% -> 2 000 Gold
- 4 000% -> 2 500 Gold
- 5 000% -> 3 000 Gold
- 6 000% -> 3 500 Gold
- 7 000% -> 4 000 Gold
- 8 000% -> 5 000 Gold
- 9 000% -> 6 000 Gold
- 10 000% -> 7 000 Gold
- Every 1 000% more -> 1 000 more Gold (8 000, 9 000 etc.)
- The Gold rewards will be added to the country treasuries when reaching the target.
At the end of the tournament, every country will also get a Defence Shield based on its position in the rankings:
- Positions 1 - 5: Quality 7 Defence Shield (10 billion damage)
- Positions 6 - 10: Quality 6 Defence Shield (8 billion damage)
- Positions 11 - 20: Quality 5 Defence Shield (6 billion damage)
- Positions 21 - 30: Quality 4 Defence Shield (4 billion damage)
- Positions 31 - 40: Quality 3 Defence Shield (3 billion damage)
- Positions 41 - 50: Quality 2 Defence Shield (2 billion damage)
- Positions 51+: Quality 1 Defence Shield (1 billion damage)
Furthermore, Top 3 Countries will also receive an Economical boost for their production of weapons, food and raw materials:
- 1st position: 60% Productivity bonus for 7 days
- 2nd position: 40% Productivity bonus for 7 days
- 3rd position: 20% Productivity bonus for 7 days
Whether it's in a metropolis or a small town, there's no place like home. Thus, we are glad to introduce the newest update of the New World - eRepublik Cities! While they have existed since the beginning of times, they will now get new roles.
A man's home is his castle... in a manor of speaking. Starting Day 3,468, you can set your Residence in one of the towns and cities for some exciting bonuses!
But before we cut the ribbon, let us explain how Cities work. If you like the thought of establishing your residence in a city, good news! You will be able to benefit from better houses both in terms of house durability, energy pool size and energy recovery for the time period you spend in that city.
The residents will benefit from increased energy recovery speed and the extra energy pool as long as they stay in the city of residence, according to the chart below.
Choose your residence wisely - when traveling away from the city of residence, the recoverable energy bonus is not available and the extra energy pool is only active for 30 minutes from the moment of departure.
Once a citizen becomes a resident of a city, they can no longer turn back to their “nomad” status. The houses they have active in the cities will benefit of the durability bonus. The houses usage of a resident citizen will no longer have the option to be paused.
The cities are grouped in 5 tiers based on the number of citizens who are residents of the city. Their size not only influences the values of residential tax and the property tax but it also affects the durability bonus of the inhabited houses in the city as per the table below.
Establishing a residence
In order to establish a residence in a city, a citizen needs to travel to the city, apply for a residential permit and pay the one time residential tax and the prorata property tax (if they have active houses).
The residential permit is approved automatically and the active houses will be transferred to the new city if the citizen can pay the above taxes.
The municipality can levy taxes to fund the city budget
The residential tax - depends of the size of the city and is collected when a citizen establishes their residence in a city
The property tax - is collected for each house based on its global market price and the actual (remaining) durability of the house. It is paid when a citizen moves in a house in their resident city. While the property tax will initially have an universal value, in the future it will be set by the mayor and the city council.
The city budget is founded by the currency collected from the local taxes and a subsidy from the taxes collected at the government level.
The current subsidy is 10% of the country income and divided equally between all the cities of the country. In the future the congress will be able to increase the value of the subsidy
The mayor and city council are the ones who decide on how to use the money in the local budget.
The cities are grouped in 5 tiers, based on the number of residents each city has. The values of the residential tax and the property tax, as well as the durability bonus of the inhabited houses will vary from one tier to another.
The local elections module will be added as the next step in the following weeks.
Make sure to go over the Cities Tutorial to gain a better understanding of the mechanics and the new features. And, of course, if you have any other questions on the subject or you wish to share some feedback with us, you can visit the Forum.
Motto: "Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony."
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Plato might be old, but he still likes to keep up with all the latest trends and stay connected, which is why eRepublik now has its own Discord Server.
What is Discord? Discord is a free voice and text chat app designed specifically for gaming (read more about it here).
Join Plato, Lana and the rest of the eRepublik Team as well as our Partners now (we hope to keep the Headless Chicken out of it): Take me there!
Part of the community has already embraced Discord, here are some of the eRepublik related servers
Japan (not sanctioned by eJapan's current government)
Republic of Macedonia (FYROM)
eRepublikTools by Master_rg | ClopoyaurTV
Please keep in mind that the new Server will NOT function as a support platform and as such, any game support requests must go through the ticketing system.
You will need a Discord account with a verified email to be able to chat with other users in the server.
We hope to see you there!
The gold rewards introduced for the Top 100 Prestige Hunters are now available each week. In order to be eligible for the top 100, a player needs to reach a minimum of 20,000 prestige points.
The Prestige Hunter Medal will also be available for grabs each week.
We want to hear from you - did you enjoy the Spring Weekly Challenge and its faster energy recovery? Did you manage to get your hands on the new Prestige Hunter Medal? Or were you in the Top 100 Prestige Hunters? Let us know what you think on the eRepublik Forum.
Welcome the Spring Holidays by joining the battlefield for the action-packed weekend for those of your who “carrot” stop fighting!
We are sending you not on an Egg Hunt, but on a Carrot Hunt!
For the upcoming weekend, we are bringing back the gift packs. On the 15th,16th and 17th of April, Citizens who have dealt the most damage in a battle will receive gifts. Like before, the amount of packs won will depend on the position in the top 5, the division where you fought and the outcome of the battle for your side.
Complimentary gift packs will also be received for those who purchase Gold or packs during the weekend (one gift pack for every 2.5 EUR of purchases).
Each Gift Pack contains 1 Gold and 5 Carrots worth 50 Energy each.
We wish everyone who's celebrating Easter bright and happy holidays!
Please note that:
- Gift Packs can be received for purchases starting Day 3,434 until the end of Day 3,436 (23:59)
- Gift Packs must be offered to friends by the end of Day 3,438
- Gift Packs can be offered to friends by going to their profile and pressing the “Send a gift” button
- You can see the amount of Gift Packs you have by visiting your Storage
- Carrots must be used until the end of Day 3,441
For questions, comments and feedback, please visit the Forum.
Congratulations to all of you who have managed to complete the Weekly Challenge last week and got their hands on the new Prestige Hunter Medal!
The Big winners are:
Prizes will be received tomorrow.
The full list of winners is available here
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know!
On this April Fool’s day it seems that the joke was all on Plato! The Headless Chicken pulled a prank on him, making our code go bananas.
Plato might be lots of things but he’s not that much of a grinch on your expense so he will add 1500 Energy in the Energy pool, as well as the Boosters which have been used.
We wish you lots of fun on this April Fool’s day, we will be busy crying.
Fed up about all those old players parading their huge strength? Disappointed to see your Battle Hero medal go up in smoke because your hits cannot match others? Angry for not being able to fight back ? Well, today the joke is on them.
For April Fool’s Day (Day 3,420), you can switch strength with another Citizen for two hours and then go to town with it!
To do this, just go on a someone’s profile and select "Switch Strength." If they will accept it, the strength will be switched for the next two hours. We hope that strong Citizens will also have fun reliving the days of the past, or play Grinch and rent their precious strength.
The 2 hours are counted from the moment the request is sent and April Fool’s strength is not taken into account for setting a Division Max Hit.
In order to celebrate this day properly, Plato is increasing temporarily the value of the True Patriot medal. With each medal earned you will get 20 bazookas instead of the 1000 currency. That’s around 60% more!
Today, between 00:40 and 1:02 eRepublik time, the performance of one of our redis servers degraded unexpectedly, rendering the site unusable. Although we did our best to restore the service as quickly as possible, we are aware that most of you who tried to harvest the epic battles during this period were unable to make the most of their boosters.
We are sorry for the frustration it caused and we restored the full boosters that were active during that time and were affected by the issue. The boosters are already in your inventory at the time of publishing. You can check the full list here
Tomorrow we will also add 4 prestige boosters (+1 prestige points, 5 minute duration) to the inventory of each player who has logged in today. The boosters will expire half an hour before the end of this week’s challenge ( Day 3,422 23:30).
As some of you have already discovered, during the event no extra rewards are available on the weekly progress bar after the 40000 Prestige Point threshold. We did cap the prizes to that milestone as during previous weeklies, only several players did surpass that milestone and even fewer significantly.
We do however acknowledge that this is no regular "weekly", and given your feedback we are adding an extra layer of prizes for the heavy tankers.
The top 100 Prestige Points hunters will compete for extra rewards as follows:
The Spring Weekly Challenge is here! #MakeWarNotLove!
Make sure to get on board with it!
Whether you want to defend your country or invade another, the Spring Weekly Challenge gives you the Energy needed to get you in fighting shape faster.
The Spring Weekly Challenge will start on day 3,409 and will last for four weeks.
The second week of the Spring Weekly Challenge (that starts day 3,416) will see the introduction of a new medal - the Prestige Hunter medal - for those dedicated soldiers who manage to complete the challenge and gather 40,000 prestige points.
Happy prestige points hunting!
For questions, comments and feedback, please visit the Forum.
We are pleased to introduce new profile cards inspired by the work of the Community. The cards will pop up if you hover a citizen’s nick in various places across eRepublik.com
Also, in response to the Community’s requests regarding Dictatorship, we decided to make some changes regarding the mechanics of opening a Civil War (liberation war included).
First of all, from now on you have to be a level 25 Citizen in order to create a Military Unit. Furthermore, in order to open a Civil War, a Military Unit needs to be at least 60 days old. Only commanders who are in charge of such military units for at least 14 days and have reached experience level 25 can start Civil Wars. The Dictatorship mechanics have also been revised and a Daily Dictatorship Upkeep cost will be introduced.
In order for the dictator to remain in power, a daily currency fee will be automatically deducted from the Country’s Treasury. If the payment can not be done, Democracy will be reinstated automatically and Dictatorship will be removed without any liberation war. The amount of money needed for the Daily Dictatorship Upkeep will be 50% of a Country’s Income, with a minimum value of 25 Gold at Monetary Market Exchange Rate.
The Upkeep will be in effect starting 31st of March 2017 (Day 3,419), thus giving all countries time to set their political affairs in order.
Few hours ago a security vulnerability has been disclosed in one of our service providers. Cloudflare, a popular content delivery network used by more than 5.5 million sites that we use to reduce exposure to DDOS attacks, announced that under certain circumstances sensitive information such as HTTP cookies, authentication tokens, HTTP POST bodies has been accidentally leaked due to a bug. Cloudflare has since fixed the issues at the heart of the problem.
While there is no evidence that erepublik.com was affected, nor that the vulnerabilities were exploited by hackers, we have invalidated all our citizens session identifiers. We would also like to remind you that you should use unique, strong passwords, for each account/site and change it once a potential vulnerability is disclosed, even in cases that look benign (citizens that exclusively Facebook sign in are not affected).