[Update] I am really amazed about all the votes and comments I received. And not least about the endorsements.
Thank you, Poland!
A. Beauty of Poland
"Poland is a country often overlooked as a travel destination. However, Poland may be just the place you’re looking for if you seek a destination with great food, ever-present culture, and European charm"
Source: Top Reasons to Visit Poland
Other interesting articles:
Poland... 10 Reasons to Visit
5 reasons to visit Poland
Perfect time to visit Poland, 10 good reasons
and an amazing article about Polish castles:
10 Of The Most Incredible Castles in Poland
One image is worth a thousand words.
Wawel Cathedral in Royal Wawel castle, Krakow
Krakow's Historic Center
Royal Castle, Warsaw
One night in Warsaw
Warsaw - Royal Route
Palace of Culture and Science, Warsaw
Toruń – Poland's Best Preserved Medieval City
The Stunning Nature of Poland From Above, by Kacper Kowalski
Białowieża National Park - the Bison Reserve
Wolves have returned to Poland after disappearing in the 1960s
Lubelski Dancers in traditional costumes
B. About ePoland History
A very nice overview provided by Mizeroi
"There are events you could mention.
1. Battle of Rhone Alps
2. Battle of BaB (lost, but it was huge huge battle)
3. Betrayal of polish MUs - event with many repercussions to present. It was right after the fall of long-term relations with Croatia. Many polish citizens disagreed with polish government, who decided not to keep alliance with Croats. It leaded to awkward situation when players called them-self 'patriots' decided to join anti-polish alliance. It was like 3 years ago, but the hate between Crolaks (Croat+Polak) and Polish is still in mind of old players.
4. Shaql the Cracker - the event took place 4 years ago and it's like polish Watergate, cause involved many important players like Mixliarder - the leader of the biggest polish party and few others. The thing was about cracking citizen accounts which was more or less ordered by Mixliarder. Shaql - the guy who did this left the game and Mixliarder was sentenced by polish Congress for an exile. He moved to Estonia when he became the president.
5. Wybranowski PTO - it was very clever action of taking over the biggest polish party by one guy. Wybranowski made a new account and for many months pretended to be someone else. He became a trustful member with full access to internal small talks and after being chosen as party president he revealed himself and published all top secret data. Lot of fun."
Also you could watch some interesting battles of ePoland on Youtube (thanks to Marcin74):
Battle of Saxony, Poland vs Germany
Poland vs Phoenix- Rhone Alps
C. Interesting Facts about Poland
25 Facts About Poland That You Didn’t Know
72 Interesting Facts About . . . Poland
Some facts taken from above articles:
- The word “Poland” is the Anglicized version of Polska, which is ultimately derived from the word pole or “field.” Thus, Poland means “land of the Poles”.
- Copernicus was the first person who proposed that the sun, not Earth, was the center of the planetary system.
- Poles have won a total of 17 Nobel Prizes (more than Japan, China, India, or Australia), including four Peace Prizes and five in Literature.
- Polish-born Mariusz Pudzianowski is a five-time winner of the “World’s Strongest Man” title. Actually most winners are from Poland.
- Poland’s Stanisław Lem is known as one of the world’s greatest science fiction writers. His novel Solaris was made into a movie in 2002.
- Located in Wrocław, the “Piwnica Swidnicka” is the oldest restaurant in Europe, open since 1275.
- Polish Constitution was first in Europe and second in the world.
- Poles drink, on average, 92 liters of beer a year, which places Poland third in consumption in Europe behind Germany and the Czech Republic.
- In October 1978, the Bishop of Kraków, Poland, Cardinal Karol Józef Wojtyla, became Pope John Paul II, the 264th head of the Roman Catholic Church.
- The 380,000-acre (150,000-hectare) Białowieża Primeval Forest in Poland is Europe’s last ancient forest and home to 800 European bison, Europe’s heaviest land animals.
Globe Trotter Itinerary
Globe Trotter in Poland