Rabbit of Caerbannog
Pumpkin cake recipe
Happy Birthday, Plato! Here is a cake for eRepublik 12th Birthday
2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup (240ml) canola or vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1 cup (200g) packed light or dark brown sugar
1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting
8 ounces (224g) full-fat block cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
3 cups (360g) confectioners’ sugar, plus an extra 1/4 cup if needed
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Mix the dry ingredients.
2. Mix the wet ingredients.
3. Combine wet & dry ingredients.
4. Pour into prepared 9×13 inch cake pan.
6. Make cream cheese frosting.
7. Chill (30 minutes in the refrigerator makes cutting easier).
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
2. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a mixer or whisk until completely combined.
3. Bake for 30-36 minutes. Baking times vary, so keep an eye on yours. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If you find the top or edges of the cake is/are browning too quickly in the oven, loosely cover it with aluminum foil.
4. Remove the cake from the oven and set aside. Allow to cool completely.
5. Make the frosting: In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter together on high speed until smooth and creamy. Add 3 cups of sugar, vanilla, and salt. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then switch to high speed and beat for 2 minutes. Spread the frosting on the cooled cake. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
P.S. You can use the same recipe to make pumpkin cupcakes / muffins
You can make about 24-28 cupcakes. Same oven temperature, fill the cupcake wrappers 2/3 full, and bake 18-21 minutes or until baked through.
And as I'm still working on my MM medal, subscribers are more than welcomed
And if you need some explanations about 12th Anniversary event / journey, check here:
Updated with more articles, pics, maps