A. Beauty of Ukraine
Ukraine is a relatively new travel destination and sometimes it is overlooked by mainstream travelers. However, if you are looking for a place with beautiful nature, rich culture and lots of tourist attractions, Ukraine is a right choice for you.
Source: TOP-10 REASONS TO VISIT UKRAINE
Other interesting articles:
6 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ukraine
Ten good reasons to visit Ukraine’s capital right now
Top 10 things to do in Ukraine
One image is worth a thousand words.
Independence Square, Kyiv
Kyiv by night
St. Sophia Cathedral
St. Sophia Cathedral
Rennaisance Hotel, Kyiv
Lviv, historical center
Castle in Gaspra
Shevchenko - Ukraine’s most revered poet
Chervonograd, Bridge over waterfall
Tunnel Of Love, Kleven
Sunset in Dzembronya area
National Nature Park "Podilski Tovtry"
Last but not least: the traditional costume:
B. Interesting facts about Ukraine
Interesting facts about Ukraine:
Twenty little-known facts about Ukraine
23 Interesting Facts About Ukraine
- Ukraine is the biggest country in Europe (2nd biggest if counting Russia) with total area of 603.550 square kilometers. Yet the population is lesser compared to France and Germany.
- The most popular letter in the alphabet is “П” pronounced like “P”. The biggest amount of words starts with it.
- One of the world’s favorite songs – Summertime - was composed by George Gershwin after he heard the tune of a Ukrainian lullaby, Oi Khodyt Son Kolo Vikon (A Dream Passes By The Windows), performed in New York by Ukrainian National Chorus in 1929. Some argue that Gershwin even based his tune on the lullaby.
- The Arsenalna metro station on Kyiv is the deepest one in the world, buried 105 meters underground. This was one the first stations built in Kyiv in 1960, next to parliament. In the tunnel going from Arsenalna there are secret shelters, built back in the Soviet times, for the Communist Party elite.
- Ukrainian power lifter Dmytro Haladzhi is one of the strongest people on the planet, according to Guinness Book of World Records. He can bear a tractor on his chest, lift 150 kilos with his little finger and keep 30 people on his neck. His master trick is “Devil’s Forge.” With his body laid on nails, he bears concrete slabs weighing 1.5 tons on top and a blacksmith beating that with a hammer.
- The most ancient map and old homosapien settlement are from Mezhyrych, Ukraine. They are up to 15,000 years old. The map is carved on a mammoth bone.
- Ukrainian national costume is called “vyshyvanka“. It’s a plain white shirt made of linen and decorated with floral or ornamental hand-sewn embroidery. They are worn by both men and women on numerous occasions.
- Kyiv ranks #1 city with the most beautiful women according to Travelers Digest.
- Trembita is the longest musical instrument in the world. It is a very long pipe that the Hutsul ethnicity from the Carpathian Mountains loves to play.
- Ukrainians rarely smile in public, yet are extremely heartwarming and hospitable people once you get to know them closer!
Globe Trotter in Ukraine
Globe Trotter Itinerary