In my last article I got that issue of how the Canadian Progressive Front goes about elections out of the way.
As of now I've updated our party page, IRC Channel and have asked the forum admins about one of those things I had promised in my platform. I'm also happy to report that we've grown a bit since the 15th, but I'm even happier to see some new faces popping up in our feed and message threads, talking and even challenging me. Nothing pleases me more than some witty repartee between members.
The CPF remains eCanada's premier party, not just in general terms like being eCanada's oldest party or for always having a community of intelligent, open-minded, determined and generous players or for being eCanada’s most successful party but also for providing the best in game communication, a united front that still manages to encourage diversity of opinion and a tradition of democracy and merit.
I would like to stress one more time to CPF members that I will be hosting a meeting on Internet Relay Chat (IRC) Thursday at 7:00 PM EST on #nCPF, our party’s official IRC Channel. There is some business I would like to discuss and wouldn’t mind if members go to say hello to each in a live chat setting. I will be there earlier and later to catch anyone who can't quite make it.
Now for crash course in IRC. To get onto IRC the quickest route can be http://mibbit.com/chat where you will be shown a log in screen. Here, the webirc network you need to select is “Rizon”. Then just type in a username and select #nCPF as your channel. You can join other IRC Channels by typing the command “j/” followed by the channel you want to join. Example: /j #eCan
Alternatively, you can go to the eCanada website index page where a link at the bottom right will take you to IRC.
For more info on IRC such as how to register your username, register at the eCanada forums and punch in this URL: https://ecanada.cc/forums/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=10448 or PM me. Ah screw it, I’ll just copy and paste:
“So, to register your nickname:
1. Make sure you're using the nickname you want to register. If you're not using the nickname you want to register, use this command to change nicknames:
2. Type the following command to register the nickname:
/msg nickserv register PASSWORD EMAILADDRESS
This command tells nickserv (the nickname system) that you want to register your current nickname, using the password 'PASSWORD' and the email address 'EMAILADRRES'. Note: Yahoo email addresses don't work for some reason, so try another email account.
3. If you have entered it correctly, nickserv will respond with the following message:
"A passcode has been sent to EMAILADDRESS, please type /msg NickServ confirm <passcode> to complete registration"
4. Check your email address that you used to register for the passcode. You'll have received an email from the Rizon Admins about the registration. The email will instruct you how to complete the registration. Copy the text in quotes in the email (example text is shown below) and paste it into the Rizon tab. Makes sure there are no spaces before the / or else it won't work properly.
Example text: /msg NickServ confirm JiBber1sh
6. Nickserv will respond with the message:
Nickname YOURNICKNAME registered under your account: _____________ Your password is YOURPASSWORD - remember this for later use.
Registration is now complete.”
One things that came up from one of our newer players, was our party's orientation. Actually, it was specifically the party's social and economic orientation. Let’s be frank here. The gutting of the economy module in this game and the pre-determined nature (I should say mechanics) of our politics (apart from the Iron Law of Oligarchy) makes our party orientation really just a vestige of the party info. It can be used however to possibly indicate if a party is into roleplaying or wants to convey whether it is a party focused on specific issue or a general purpose institution. Erring on the side of caution I just selected what seemed to convey the CPF’s focus of encouraging free minds and all ways of interacting with the eCanadian community. As our party description says: “The CPF is here for politically and socially empowering individuals and protecting our national community through honesty and positive government!”
To adhere to this, I’ve created a simple list of quick questions for Congressional hopefuls to answer to, in the event we still have Congress elections. As CPF PP, I value activity and loyalty to the party in choosing who gets positioning on our party list:
1. What do you think of the CPF?
2. What would you like to do in Congress besides being active?
3. Who are you and what have you done in eRepublik?
I don’t imagine we will be electing very many Congress members this month (if any) so a little bit a competition to go along with my selections can only be a good thing. Deadline for candidacies is the end of the 23rd, so go to party page now if you haven’t already and do it.
Current Party Schedule:
February 21: IRC Meet up 7:00 PM EST #nCPF
February 23: Last Day to Place Congressional Candidacies
February 24: Party Presidents Rank Their Candidates
February 25: Congressional Elections
February 28 – March 2: CPF votes for Country Presidential Candidates to select nominee
March 2: New Party Message Threads
March 3: Party CP Nominations lock/Nomination Article
March 5: CP Elections
March 8: IRC Meet Up #nCPF
March 15: Party Presidential Elections
I hope the road ahead has been laid out well for you. There’s still plenty of work I have to do, so stay strong CPF. We’re only just getting started.
(TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/ao64x5a )
The CPF is a party that welcomes all who care about a responsible, accountable and positive government to our halls. There are many opportunities available for newer players, so please, consider joining us!
Seven Tenets of the Canadian Progressive Front:
1. Uphold the equality of all active Military Units
2. Make the accounting of government funding more open and important
3. Ensure Canada is a reliable and selfless ally
4. To respect, recognize and uphold the supremacy of the mechanics of the game
5. Develop a positive political sphere
6. Bring in Canadians to eRepublik
7. To encourage growth and stability to the eCanadian economy
- Funky Hum24n, Canadian Progressive Front Party President.
- Praetor/CPF forum Administrator
- #nCPF Administrator
- CPF Wiki Page
- Our Official IRC Channel is #nCPF
I am always available to answer your
What is this?You are reading an article written by a citizen of eRepublik, an immersive multiplayer strategy game based on real life countries. Create your own character and help your country achieve its glory while establishing yourself as a war hero, renowned publisher or finance guru.