[Independent Cyprus] cCc Support the Peace cCc
Dear eRepublik citizens; fellow eGreeks and eTurks; my beloved panpas,
We have gone through 2 months during which people worked tirelessly for the ideal of an independent Cyprus. Many groups have been formed to gather international support. Many negotiations have been made between the eCypriots, eGreeks, and eTurks. Many battles have been fought, won, and lost.
I am here to offer an end to this unnecessary strife. I am here to argue for mutual peace and respect between the three countries of eastern Mediterranean. I am here to ask for reason and honor.
I am here to ask for peace, so that friendship and brotherhood can take root again.
For those who don't know about the history of the conflict, here is a brief summary:
eCyprus, eGreece, and eTurkey have been friends for quite a while. Many times have the Cypriots hit for eGreece amidst the shouts of "tTt HELLAS tTt". We were friends and brothers.
A few months ago, there was a diplomatic conflict. To be frank, I wasn't personally involved in the event, so anything I have heard would be hearsay. Suffice it to say that eGreece perceived eCyprus as helping the enemy alliance, so a war broke out. eCyprus was invaded by eGreece, and it has remained as such for 4 months.
Last month, the eCypriots and their friends abroad have gathered together to rekindle the dream of an independent Cyprus. For those who never knew eCyprus before its invasion, it was the most multicultural country of the eWorld. It prided itself for the tolerance of different cultures and languages. It attracted many gifted individuals from abroad that cherished similar ideas, providing a haven to people who got tired of the banal nationalism and ethnic struggles that seem to plague the eWorld.
We fought and we won. We liberated eCyprus. As soon as we did so, both eTurkey and eGreece started voting on Natural Enemy laws against Cyprus. The law passed in eGreece, and eCyprus was once again invaded.
Diplomatic channels were established between the three parties to come up with a peaceful arrangement, but due to various reasons, a mutually beneficial and respectful agreement couldn't be drafted.
A few days ago, after preparations for a month, we fought for an independent Cyprus again, and we won. During the battles, the president of eCyprus issued the following article:
People of Greece and Turkey,
On the behalf of Cypriot people and the government, as the president of REPUBLIC OF CYPRUS i guarantee that if we win this RW, Cyprus won't be aggressive towards either E-GREECE OR E-TURKEY for a period, our primary and only goal is to rebuild our multinational community. Beside it, we aren't looking for a guarantee by E-GREECE or E-TURKEY in return, neither now nor in the future. This is our own word and initiative.
We are at a crossroads. eCyprus is once again independent. The question is whether the three states will drop their arms and sign a peace agreement, or that the last haven of tolerance and multiculturalism will be erased from the face of the eWorld once again.
Here are the arguments for peace:
- No region in eCyprus provides any economic benefit to eGreece.
- The constant Resistance War threat against eGreece causes a significant damage drain, as well as a strategic weakness. This has been proved twice when eGreece had troubles in suppressing all the revolts in its invaded provinces close to the congressional elections.
- Having an enemy in a strategical position in the Middle East is a threat by itself. Having eCypriots as an enemy can only bring problems in the long term for eTurkey and eGreece. Estrangement of a whole population is never a good idea, as the balance of power in eRepublic is a mercurial mistress.
- As time passes on, more people in eRepublik will hear of the plight of the eCypriots. We have received support from many individuals and groups in various countries, and especially from eTurkey and eGreece. Is the invasion of Cyprus worth making international enemies, and creating internal fractures and discontent?
- Honor and tolerance demands it. In the absence of any economic concerns, it is simply ethically unjustified to keep a country deleted for the sake of it, when its inhabitants want nothing but an everlasting peace.
I am a staunch supporter of the ideal of an independent Cyprus in peace and unison with eGreece and eTurkey. There are no reasons not to make this dream happen besides clinging on to old grudges and simple trolling.
Let us drop our weapons and sign peace. Please accept the olive branch that we offer in friendship and respect, and put an end to this mindless struggle and waste of our time and resources.
A Supporter of Independent Cyprus
Cos'è questo?Stai leggendo un articolo scritto da un cittadino di eRepublik, un coinvolgente gioco di strategia multiplayer basato su paesi della vita reale. Crea il tuo account e aiuta la tua nazione a ottenere la gloria mentre diventi un eroe di guerra, un famoso editore o un guru della finanza.