Other than New Era, no other party dares to think that the UK could one day be a top nation in eRepublik. In this article I will show you just how high we can go and some steps to get there.
In my last article I spoke about why it is important to get higher weapons bonuses. We have our default 3 out of 5 resources which gives us a 60% bonus. I also spoke about why other parties are not talking about this. It's difficult to achieve.
It is actually the policy of the ruling parties that the Top 10% of the UK goes to live in Poland to use their maximum Weapons Bonus. They have given up on the idea that the UK can be a success. They don't consider the possibility that one day we could get the maximum bonus for ourselves.
I say that we begin planning for it now while also starting the road of population and damage growth needed to get there:
We must be able to hold 3 French Regions and get one of their two rubber resources. This will give us 4 out of 5 weapons resources which would give us a 20% boost in weapons production up to an 80% bonus.
To do this we must:
1) Share France with another country as they have two rubber regions. The obvious and easy choice is the current holder Poland, they can just give us their resource doubles. Another option is to befriend France and have an agreed resource swap, though not the best option right now.
2) DOUBLE our population to 5000 active fighters (estimate) to take and hold the regions long term.
3) Have happy neighbours. We can make closer links with USA and Spain and help them with their own rubber in Central and South America.
This is actually a pretty reasonable goal. Our allies are already in place and the resource is close, now we just need to become big and strong enough to be the natural choice to hold that region over the further away countries like Serbia.
We must be able to hold even more French Regions and then venture into Spain or more likely Italy and get their saltpetre resource, spreading across the map like Poland does at the moment. This will give us 5 out of 5 weapons resources which would give us another 20% boost in weapons production up to the 100% bonus.
To do this we must:
1) Stop sharing France, we would block both rubber regions from the east to get at the saltpetre (France, USA and Spain would still have access). This has big implications for what we do in Phase One and we may have to turn our back on an ally if we get help in the first phase.
2) DOUBLE our population again to 10000 active fighters (estimate) to take and hold the regions long term.
3) Be the only power in Europe. No other nation in Europe will be able to have maximum resources if we hold these, other than Spain who can reach South America.
For us to get maximum weapons resources, we cannot coexist with Eastern Europe unless more rubber is added to the game. This is a pretty insane thing to consider to be totally honest, they have always been the biggest countries in the game. Still, if we build up you never know what alliance shifts and population changes will happen.
I am including this for completeness and to be honest about what full resources would entail. I don't think that we should be planning to unally Poland and invade Italy. It may be that 4 out of 5 is our resource cap. We can easily do better than 3 though.
So there I have given us one reasonable and one crazy goal!
How are we going to get there though? We need to make the citizens we do have the strongest and most organised they can be and then recruit lots of new citizens, all while retaining everyone and minimising quits.
There are lots of strategies we can use and I will be making articles for as many as I know or can think up. Today I will leave you with one:
When I was Minister of Recruitment in January 2011 the UK grew by 10%. We need to set monthly targets of 10% growth - which will measure our recruitment and retention efforts. If we don't hit 10% then the Minister needs to resign. If we don't hit 5% then the CP needs to resign or be voted out. It will set an atmosphere of recruitment and accountability, changing the focus of government.
This will get us to 5000 citizens in 8.5 Months and 10,000 Citizens in 16 Months if we keep to the 10% target, double that at the 5% target. Yes, that is 16 Months if we achieve 10% growth.
This is a game of long term planning and growth which I've been playing for 4 years; a target for achieving something in over 1 years time is not a big deal! With this thinking I took my character from 5k to 25k Strength in 1 Year and now rival some of the biggest in the UK.
The biggest countries have not suddenly become big in a boom, those things always end up with dead newbies. They have recruited and retained long term. Let us do the same. More ideas to follow!
This article was written by a member of New Era, Join the newest political movement in the UK!
* Run for Congress!
* Fight for the UK!
* Make eUK a better place!
New members receive 16 Q7 Weapons as a bonus to get you started, and our members run regular giveaways.
Get in touch at #NewEra and #BulldogsHQ on Rizon IRC, Comment or send me a PM.
- Sage Goku, Party President of New Era
What is this?You are reading an article written by a citizen of eRepublik, an immersive multiplayer strategy game based on real life countries. Create your own character and help your country achieve its glory while establishing yourself as a war hero, renowned publisher or finance guru.