(I posted this on the forum, but not everyone reads the forum, so I'm reposting it here.)
John J. "Scarecrow" Sheridan wrote:
"I do have a question what are the traits that you need to become a good congressmen or congresswoman?"
I can answer this from my perspective. I myself am not yet a good congressman. (I am an even worse Congresswoman. ) But I can already see which of my colleagues are doing a good job and which aren't.
1) So first of all, you need to be willing to follow orders. Even in real life, many members of Congress are expected to vote the Party line. You can do everything else on this list great, but if you don't follow orders-- and your conscience-- and thus end up voting the AFA way, you will never get a 2nd term. (As the AFA exists only to PTO and weaken the eUSA.) So vote in the best interests of the eUSA!
2) You need to show up. Sign in when requested, vote when requested. Participate in the eusaforums. Be in the various #congress channels.
3) Show some decorum. This doesn't mean etiquette. It doesn't mean brown-nosing. It doesn't mean acting like a buck private in the military and saying 'sir' and 'yes ma'am!' and stuff. Just don't vent your spleen.
4) Know the issues. This is the area I'm delinquent in and why I don't consider myself a good congressman. I know current events as well as can be expected, but there are underlying "issues" that people have based on what other people did to them 5 years ago that tinge way too much of eUSA policy.
5) Be positive and optimistic, like Bacon! Not everyone in Congress is proud and horny, and sometimes you will read a thread that's just a whine-fest. At this point it's important to post a picture of an Otter. This reminds people that they are acting like brats, and they get back on track.
What is this?You are reading an article written by a citizen of eRepublik, an immersive multiplayer strategy game based on real life countries. Create your own character and help your country achieve its glory while establishing yourself as a war hero, renowned publisher or finance guru.