First of all let me say that I played dozens of online games, and that I witnessed it all (like many of us).
In all of those games cheating was the factor that destroyed gameplay. Everyone fought it , from developers to players. Developers install security in their games and even buy outside tools like punkbuster or VAC. Players (where thats possible) admin their servers and create scripts that detects certain cheats or create blacklist of usernames/ip adresses and so on.
And in every one of those games cheating gets your account banned/deleted, not only that in many cases you get hardware ban , so that you can never return to that (or in same cases many other games), ofc there are way around that but hey at least they are making many of them to stop destroying other people fun .
But not in erepublik...
There were cheaters in erepublik even when permanent bans were issued for it, but I can say nothing like now. Its gone from tolerable to rampant. It took all the fun from the game. And all of it started with removing permanent bans for cheating.
We can not even pretend that normal players control or participate in any form of this game.
Let me just name few issues:
- Cheaters control political parties, every month they create (or control old bots) new multiple accounts to fight with their political opponents, some times they are caught and punished by temp ban (lol), but they just try harder next time
- Cheaters control congress elections
- logically they have big influence in congress itself
- Cheaters use national banks and state tax funds to evade detection
- Cheaters destroy prices of weapons/food (by having bots for workforce)
- Cheaters destroy job market (who need "expensive" workers, when they just create multi accounts)
You could go on for hours naming what cheaters destroy... Temporary bans are not solution, in the past they feared to get their main accounts banned (bcs they lost strength), now they dont have no fear at all. As a result of that, there is no fun for people playing fair, not to mention that new players dont stay in the game for more then a few days.
So I urge you, please bring back permanent bans, at least make them fear for their strenght, bring us back some fun...
(or just delete this article and pretend everything is alright)
What is this?You are reading an article written by a citizen of eRepublik, an immersive multiplayer strategy game based on real life countries. Create your own character and help your country achieve its glory while establishing yourself as a war hero, renowned publisher or finance guru.