There has been an EARTHQUAKE in the eUK Party Rankings today. One with potentially massive implications... the #1 Ranked Party has changed!
"Game Mechanics" is often a dirty phrase in the UK. Maximising functions of the game to get an advantage is usually lazily painted as an "irrelevant", "immoral" or "undemocratic" thing to do. This is wrong, players and countries which get the best out of the Game Mechanics do better in the game.
One of these is the Party Rankings, ordered by how many members each party has. This has several big effects on the political side of the game but is played down by those who don't want to put effort into the game and would rather hide on forums or private channels where they are safe from competition.
In this article I will explain just what the Party Rankings mean for your party and the significance of UKPP overtaking TUP today in the top spot, despite many members of the eUK Elite being in denial about its importance.
Only for the third time in 5 years has the #1 Ranked Party changed:
* The first time was when UKRP rose to power in the first few months of the game in 2008 seeking reform and the end of inactives in Government. They succeeded but eventually became that which they campaigned against.
* The second was when TUP overtook UKRP in 2010 seeking to demolish elitism and forum role-play. Again the victorious party succeeded but again they eventually became the very thing they hated so much.
* Today in 2012 UKPP overtook TUP seeking to end corruption and heal the community... will they too slowly become corrupted and be toppled in two years’ time?
Having Rank #1 has a few very important effects:
1) Many new players just join the highest ranked party because it is the "best", providing much needed new blood and votes to a party. With no knowledge of the eUK this is a logical conclusion to make.
2) Many players quit the game before finding out what each party stands for and if they like it or not, they will die in the first party they joined. Their dead bodies pile up in the party and are not deleted often.
3) For existing active players, trying to get Rank #1, losing Rank #1 and being Rank #1 all have interesting psychological effects. Aiming for something you've never had before can motivate you, losing it can demotivate you and having it can corrupt you.
For these reasons it's easier to stay at the top than work your way up, which is why it only happens once every two years. It'll be harder for TUP to get Rank #1 back than for UKPP to keep it, also the mere fact that UKPP managed it shows that their party is currently significantly better than TUP and so more able to recruit.
The other big milestone for a party is Rank #5, since I have joined the game only the following parties have gone from Rank #6 to Rank #5:
* RFA overtook a Belgian Party in 2008 before my time.
* BEP overtook MDU in 2009.
* ESO overtook RFA in 2010.
* UKPP overtook whatever BEP haf become in 2011.
* New Era overtook PCP in 2012.
This has been simplified a little as it is from memory, but the jist of it is that it happens once a year.
Having Rank #5 has a few very important effects:
1) Every advantage Rank #1 gets, Ranks #2-#5 also get in lesser amounts. So read again the three reasons why Rank #1 is a huge advantage.
2) Rank #6 and below cannot run for congress without doing deals. This is a huge blow as you are not visible during Congress Elections, have to put a lot of effort into doing deals for Congress Seats and then have to put more effort into directing your voters to the right party.
However there is something to be said for having your own party and the fun it brings, I used to be very much against such parties existing but I now recognise the valuable role they play in FUN - for it is a game after all!
That being said, I do suggest that you seriously consider joining or taking over a bigger party if you lead or are in a Rank #6 or below party. The pile of dead bodies bigger parties accumulate means that they may actually have less active members than you and have more opportunity to get your views implemented...
These are the current New Era articles in the media at the moment. Please read and vote all of these to support other members.
PM me if your article is missing and it will be added, also PM me if you write a new article! Make sure that your article has an informative title so it looks good in this list
Angel With Attitude -
James Scarlet -
Prince Andrei -
King Hannibal of ASIA
Sage Goku -
Huey George -
Iain Keers -
This article was written by a member of New Era, Join the newest political movement in the UK!
* Run for Congress!
* Fight for the UK!
* Make eUK a better place!
Get in touch at #NewEra and #BulldogsHQ on Rizon IRC, Comment or send me a PM.
- Sage Goku, Party President of New Era
What is this?You are reading an article written by a citizen of eRepublik, an immersive multiplayer strategy game based on real life countries. Create your own character and help your country achieve its glory while establishing yourself as a war hero, renowned publisher or finance guru.