There is a long, long way on the world wide network until this article will be posted on Internet. And a much longer way until the readers will have acces to it.
This long way is done by my click, and by your click, in just a few seconds.
We get used to have access to all this long electrical-radio info transportation in an unlimited, cost free and with full priority.
I do really believe that all of us have to reconsider our expectations because:
- we are playing a free game (for probably 90% of the eCitizens)
- eRepublik is a commercial project which intends to be developed until will become profitable
- the continue developing project means changes and sometimes crucial intervention on the aspect, interface, inner processes of the game
- the greatest benefit put on every eCitizens’ hands (clicks!!) is the oportunity to be part of a community
- the eRepublik game developed by Lemnaru, Bonte & Co., is the motivation to create a lot of forums, blogs and e-newspapers, that are independent entities, that can continue their socialization role even if th eRepublik server is down
My subjective opinionis that the most important module of the eRepublik is not represented my the war/battles simulation, but by (in order of importance that I consider it deserves):
1. The social interaction created by cheap (in-game money) newspaper creation.
Please take in consideration that in Real Life there still are places where freedom of expression is just a dream, and people have fear even to think about.
2. The government simulation resulted as a necessity of the eCitizens to be part of an organized group (especially part of a eNation)
3. The law creation and development simulator created as a consequence of the government forms, and used to issue rules and norms to the situations left as “no man land” by eRepublik’s creators
As about the economical simulation, I do believe it’s incipient, rudimentary phase, undeveloped because of the lack of the interes – we are not yet playing for the Real Life’s money.
I predict that this project, eRepublik, together with it’s predecessors, competitors and future similar forms of social internet interaction will contribute to the creation af the HOMO INTERNETICUS.
What is this?You are reading an article written by a citizen of eRepublik, an immersive multiplayer strategy game based on real life countries. Create your own character and help your country achieve its glory while establishing yourself as a war hero, renowned publisher or finance guru.