Winston Hope Smith
1. I want to rebuild the state's finances
The state finances are our No.1 priority. That's why I have recruited an old hand as MoF. As CP, my first job will be to sit down with the MoF and develop a roadmap to economic properity.
That discussion will involve:
- a tax policy that will help eIreland grow and not just penalise business.
- a weapons scheme for all Irish citizens not just for the IA
- published accounts outlining our current resources
In these discussions the final decision will be the MOF's and his alone.
2. In Foreign Affairs I want to re-engage the public. If we as citizens do not know/understand what happens in this most important department how can we expect people to support the decisions needed especially those that may be counter-intuitive. I will support the alliance we are in, EDEN, and strive to "sell" eIreland to its leadership. To that end, the MoFA & MoD we will attend all meetings and ensure our MPP stack is maintained in good order and on time.
3. In defence I hope to be starting the term with a training war with Canada. This will provide our Citizens the opportunity to earn Patriot gold and complete the missions. While this is ongoing I will, in collaboration with the MoD, discuss our options for after this war taking into account the depleted finances. If a reasonable opportunity for war presents itself we will take it. However, hopefully with the cooperation of Congress, we will not be going on any wild adventures. This is not the time for crazy stunts.
4. I fully support the structures and operation of Bootcamp. And most importantly its neutrality. I will discuss with the Commander what help government can give, can afford to give. With the MoNC I hope to set out early in the term a plan for player retention and recruitment. There is a lot of talk about a "Baby Boom" and I too would like to see it. I hope to set out a multi CP term plan that hopefully my successor can follow that over time will provide a steady increase in new starters. A lot of emphasises is put on RL Irish and advertising there but we should not forget the Irish abroad.
5. In community the reduced budget again curtails prizes etc that we can give out but that imho just means we need to be more creative. With the MoC I hope to invite ideas for new and different games/competitions etc It may be a surprise to some but most people here play this game for FUN and that is what we need to return.
Some other areas I plan to address:
1. Make sure Congress gets prior notice of proposals where possible. This I did in my last term with some success.
2. Ensure the Commanders of the MUs are kept up to date of Government orders. MUs are of course independent but most want to follow orders.
Things I wanted to do in my last term but failed...
1. I want to restart the debate on a Forum. I hope to get agreement on a site/holder of a forum and get it active again.
2. eRTÉ This is an ambitious project that I think has promise. However I can't do it on my own so will need to get help. It is not intended to be a propaganda tool for a government but instead a channel that citizens can supply content to.
3. Create a mass message of PPs so all parties, not just those with a Congress member, have an input into government policy.
I ask you, the voter, allow me the chance to recover the good fortunes of eIreland
Vote eIreland 5th November – Vote WHS for CP
Until next time
What is this?You are reading an article written by a citizen of eRepublik, an immersive multiplayer strategy game based on real life countries. Create your own character and help your country achieve its glory while establishing yourself as a war hero, renowned publisher or finance guru.