We had a very challenging month of July.
Our strategic objective was to make sure each country had a Congress. That meant we needed to compensate our inferiority in firepower with better coordination.
That in itself was quite a challenge, but the difficulty was increased by several orders of magnitude when the American government went against the feelings of the American people and started the senseless war with Canada, thus cancelling almost all the EDEN MPPs.
Luckily the American players had a different opinion about that war. The majority of them moved to Canada. By doing that they were able to keep supporting us during the American prime time, when Europe is asleep.
We are very grateful for their support, especially since they had to fight both for Canada and for us in the same time. We were on America’s side when PEACE invaded the USA, we were on America’s side when Poland and Serbia invaded the USA and we will always stand by the American players in time of need. Because you guys always stood by us in our time of need.
The other major blow came when the Real Life government of People’s Republic of China banned the access of the Chinese players to eRepublik. That happened right when we were fighting for liberating Portugal and Albania, the last two EDEN countries where the Congress elections were endangered.
But in spite of all that, we managed to prevail.
It was a very costly victory:
- Croatia, Greece and Italy’s daring war with Serbia placed a huge strain on the treasuries of those countries;
- The Argentineans dug deep into their personal reserves of candy bars and bazookas to make sure Portugal and Albania can hold elections in July;
- China, with almost half of their active players out, had to put up twice the effort to support our campaigns during the Far East prime time;
- Finland went all-in and drained ABC, keeping them out of the other theaters of war. Their effort tied down forces almost 3 times larger;
- Israel, Ireland, Republic of China (Taiwan), Bosnia, Norway and the Netherlands sent their troops wherever it was needed, never complaining about “having to fight other people’s wars”;
- India launched a daring attack on Thailand and Indonesia, triggering a disproportionate response from the enemy side and thus making our task easier;
- Ukraine dragged Slovakia in a war, which is actually fought by Poland. Cooperation was never great inside ONE, so providing more opportunities to drain Poland is always a good idea;
- Turkey was down to 3 provinces when we finally secured the Albanian Congress;
- Romania sacrificed one core region to secure the Portuguese Congress.
When large countries like Croatia, Greece, Argentina, China, Turkey and Romania sacrifice themselves for small countries like Portugal and Albania, when a small country like Italy or Finland almost goes bankrupt fighting for her allies, it becomes clear why EDEN has outlived any other enemy alliance:
1) We stand by our allies no matter the costs;
2) When others are ready to go in bed with the enemy, just for the sake of having 10 out of 10 resources, we don’t mind sacrificing our core regions so our allies get to hold elections;
3) We know people play for fun, and fun means to feel good, which mainly means to feel good about themselves. It takes a special kind of person to feel good after backstabbing and betraying their allies. And that kind of people play for ONE.
Is there any wonder that under such circumstances, countries of the eWorld are still preferring us, the underdog, to the alliance of the egotistic bullies?!
In our darkest hour, when we had no MPPs with the USA, when half the Chinese players were unable to log in the game we were contacted by Colombia, who expressed the desire to join EDEN as a trial member.
Colombia, a country of only about 300 active members, always in danger of being invaded by Indonesia, could have chosen to have an easy life. They could have sided with the bullies, just like the ABC countries did. Yet they wanted to join EDEN, when EDEN was down. Just like Israel, RoC, the Netherlands and Belarus joined, also when we were struggling for our very existence.
People will always come to us because they like us. People like us because we are doing what is morally right.
We like each other because we are doing what is morally right instead of doing what it takes to get 10 bonuses out of 10. Those bonuses are just pixels on a computer screen. We are human beings, and normal human beings value friendship, honesty, loyalty and decency more than they value pixels.
And as long as we will keep valuing friendship, honesty, loyalty and decency, we always find means to prevail, in spite of being the weaker alliance. We just proved it during the month of July!
We actually proved we’re more than just an alliance.
We proved we are a Brotherhood!
What is this?You are reading an article written by a citizen of eRepublik, an immersive multiplayer strategy game based on real life countries. Create your own character and help your country achieve its glory while establishing yourself as a war hero, renowned publisher or finance guru.