Hello fellow eAmericans,
Today I come to you, not just as one of you but also as someone elected by you to represent you in Congress. Having the highest respect for this job and for the implications it has, I am announcing you, fellow American citizen and fellow congressmen that I am running for Speaker of the House of the 72nd Congress of the eUnited States!
Why Vote for Dr Luis Sentieiro for Speaker of the House?
I’ll give you 5 big reasons!
1. Respectable Laws! Congress needs to apply the laws it enacts and above all respect them! Last month we have seen our Speaker trying an amendment to define a precedent when in my honest opinion there should be no precedents. Precedent and bad examples given by the past congress only make our laws subject to mockery and it gives other congressmen and other citizens the feeling of “Well, if he broke the law, what stops me from doing it as well?”. We need to stop this. We need to respect the constitution and stop with frustrating debates like white lists for ex eUSA patriots or censure debates just because a former President approved a citizenship to another Former President. So, if you vote for me, you will have a speaker who will apply the law and will punish whoever doesn’t abide by it.
2. Congressional Education! The newest generation of congressmen needs to be taught about the procedures and the way congress actually functions. To do this, not only I will appeal to the Party Presidents to make sure their representatives know the code but I will encourage any old congressman to help any young one from any party to understand and fit within the machine. I think a Questions and answers topic in the congressional boards giving further details about important laws and the roles the Congressional leadership would be something to be done! Something that I will certainly do besides the questions and answers thread, will be posting a poll each day with a question about a procedure and allow each congressmen to answer the poll. As soon as the time is up, we close the question and an explanation on the correct answer will be posted and forwarded to the congressmen who got it wrong.
3. Debates! Yes, we are lacking real debates! Granted we have the discussion threads, the proposals and the votes within our forum. Some of those threads are public and even some posts from non-congressman are allowed there, but I don’t think that’s enough. Besides the budget and one or another treaty/pact, congress basically has nothing to do. This has to change at once! Therefore, I will be personally pushing for congress to be present on the public IRC room for congress and to have debates there. Now you might be wondering “well, you just said congress only discusses on budgets and one or another small proposal, so how do you plan to actually have subjects to debate?” It’s a fair question and I’ll give you a fair answer: I intend to allow the citizens to propose subjects that may concern them for congressional review and those subjects will be brought to IRC debates! I think it is important that the average citizen and congress grow a higher degree of communication. I believe that with this attitude the citizens will grow a better understanding and awareness of the country issues and the congress will feel more responsibility to justify the measures it enacts on certain subjects by answering directly to the people. I would also like to pull this further and request a weekly congressional edition on the eNPR. I think it is important to allow congressmen to speak their concerns and opinions about the nation’s course.
4. Organization! Yes, there are a lot of topics and law amendments that need to be moved, archived and eventually cleaned! This is something I will look forward with my congressional team to do for the first days until we have the forums more functional. This measure will make sure the big machine is kept oiled up and running!
5. Security! Although there are no big incidents with congress leaking stuff or SCI, I do think we need to improve a few little things. I will be working forward with a few technology guys in order to craft a tool to block messages from Ronald Gipper Reagan and explain each of the new congressman why they should use the tool. This is to avoid bribe attempts and other sorts of cheap tricks our nemesis could use on new congressmen. I think this is important so that we avoid the best way possible that young congressmen don’t feel tempted to accept this kind of things.
So, 5 strong pillars in this campaign: Respectable laws; Congressional Education; Debates; Organization and Security!
Are you ready to give me 5 and place me for Speaker?!? Because I am ready to give you 5 while being Speaker!
If you are interested to join my congressional leadership team, feel free to send me a message! I still have one deputy spot open but so far the team is:
Speaker of the House: Dr Luis Sentieiro
Deputy Speaker: TellUrGrlThx
Deputy Speaker: To Define
Congressional Whip: Apollo221
I believe we are on the road for success!
Thank you all for your time and the opportunity! If you have questions, feel free to ask and I will answer in the best of my ability!
What is this?You are reading an article written by a citizen of eRepublik, an immersive multiplayer strategy game based on real life countries. Create your own character and help your country achieve its glory while establishing yourself as a war hero, renowned publisher or finance guru.